Match Thread Southampton v Everton Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening to the match coverage on BBC Radio Merseyside which was actually the feed from BBC Radio Solent because of the weather (?), and the commentary team were obviously Southampton biased. However they were shocked by the no-penalty decision, and also by Allan being booked for the first foul he had committed. Now obviously a penalty can be missed even if it's given, but a player being booked has an on-going effect in that he is then restricted in his ability to tackle the opposition for the rest of the game, or in Allan's case it lead to him being substituted. I'm not saying that if we'd got a penalty, or if Allan hadn't been booked we wouldn't have still lost, but the attitude of the players might have been better if these decisions hadn't gone against us. And yes, professional footballers should be more resilient in their mindset. I'm disappointed of course, but a 2-0 loss away from home, and with the second goal being the mere icing on the cake for Southampton 10 minutes from time, isn't the end of the world.
On a brighter note Warrington have won the first 2 games of the new Super League season. come on the Wire!!!
Up the wire and Toby Macormac's yellow army at the cantilever

Last 4 games bit of an emotional roller coaster for an Everton fan.
Are you all hanging on in with your sanity intact?!

I know you're lying because I've been reading the match day threads!

I was listening to the match coverage on BBC Radio Merseyside which was actually the feed from BBC Radio Solent because of the weather (?), and the commentary team were obviously Southampton biased. However they were shocked by the no-penalty decision, and also by Allan being booked for the first foul he had committed. Now obviously a penalty can be missed even if it's given, but a player being booked has an on-going effect in that he is then restricted in his ability to tackle the opposition for the rest of the game, or in Allan's case it lead to him being substituted. I'm not saying that if we'd got a penalty, or if Allan hadn't been booked we wouldn't have still lost, but the attitude of the players might have been better if these decisions hadn't gone against us. And yes, professional footballers should be more resilient in their mindset. I'm disappointed of course, but a 2-0 loss away from home, and with the second goal being the mere icing on the cake for Southampton 10 minutes from time, isn't the end of the world.
On a brighter note Warrington have won the first 2 games of the new Super League season. come on the Wire!!!
My dad said he listened to the Solent commantary and they were actually really honest about some of our players and how absolutely gash they were. Gomes in particular.

Only saw the 2nd half. Such a lacklustre spineless performance. Interesting to read Richarlison comments about the impact of quality players leaving on the squad. Something seriously wrong with morale

Well it's not confusing.

In that moment, were Newcastle a decent side to come up against or not?
Their form was okay at that point, we made it better.

Of course it is more difficult coming up against a team in form. But if the team you are playing are a really bad side - which Newcastle are - or an average side (such as Southampton), you need to be looking to break their form, unless you are playing a side full of good players.

Making out that Newcastle and Southampton are good teams is just excuse making.

Anyway, doesn't change the fact that our team is also shocking.

Very sad to see the Demise of Everton could not go to the game yesterday but have supported Everton for 34 years now never do well down here yes I live on the south coast so its a massive game as far as I'm concerned.Saints are good but not that good.Hope and Pray for better times ahead and hope Frank sorts this mess out especially away from home .Will be a close call this season when it comes to relegation but C.OY.BS let's do this.

Sooner Doucs is back the better, him with Allan and VdB makes us a serviceable outfit that shouldn’t go down.

Write this down. When Doucs is back, another key player will be out, or our returning players will be short of match fitness.
Lampard, Clement and Cole have been at Chelsea and Real and other big clubs. I hope they try to introduce better standards behind the scenes.
Our injury record :hayee:

According to the match stats we had zero shots on target.

Quite how they have kicked round a ball for 90mins with fairly even possession and not managed to tee up a shot creating half a yard for someone to carry out something that gets you the actual points in a match and shoot, is absolutely beyond me.

SHOOTING AND SHOTS FFFS!

FFS FFS!

Status
Not open for further replies.