Match Thread Southampton v Everton Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a single shot on target. With DCL and Richy both up top. In 90 mins we could not muster a shot on target against a fairly basic Saints team. We made them look like 70's Brazil. Same old rubbish from Gomes / Iwobi / Holgate / JJK / Coleman / Keane. Add to that an awful performance from every single player bar Pickford. Even he wasn't great.

Shane Long!!!! ???

Didn't see any of the game so can't say anything about how you played but, what do you think Frank needs to change for you to get better results.
If Everton went down (I'm sure they wont) I think it would a bigger upset then when Man U did in 74.

We were actually playing alright when the incident in question happened
But what sort of professional goes into a shell because a single incident goes against one. Look at the response of the 85 team to going behind to Bayern when they came out in the second half. Sleeves up and get stuck in.

This shower are frighteningly weak and spineless.

Not a single shot on target. With DCL and Richy both up top. In 90 mins we could not muster a shot on target against a fairly basic Saints team. We made them look like 70's Brazil. Same old rubbish from Gomes / Iwobi / Holgate / JJK / Coleman / Keane. Add to that an awful performance from every single player bar Pickford. Even he wasn't great.
Gomes cost the game and has votes???

You can add DCL, Richy (who fluffed a chance early on with an awful touch), DVB, Allan, Gordon, it wasn’t just the usual boo boys it was a team effort at being crap.

It is crazy how a professional player can go from working their arses off last week and getting their rewards - yet just not bothering today.

Ancelotti called them out v Wolves away
Benitez called them out multiple times

There’s obviously a massive lack of unity in the squad. I wonder whether they actually spend anytime together outside of FF - doesn’t look like they have a particularly close bond, and when the chips are down that shows.

But what sort of professional goes into a shell because a single incident goes against one. Look at the response of the 85 team to going behind to Bayern when they came out in the second half. Sleeves up and get stuck in.

This shower are frighteningly weak and spineless.
Don’t disagree. Which is all the more reason to think that had the incident gone the way it should have done, that it could well have changed the outcome.

Doesn’t excuse their reaction to it, but it’s possible to think that we were awful and (in the end) comfortably beaten AND to think that we got kinda shafted at a key turning point.

Not much point trying to predict what this Everton team will do. It seems for now that we can't string two decent performances together. In fact the only thing predictable about Everton today , was that defeat. Neutrals( that I know) who like a wee net on the football, all backed Southampton today. All knowing quite well , that that is Evertons form. Win..Lose..Win..Lose.
Let's hope that that sequence can continue next week. But I doubt it. But who knows With this team.
Anyhow......that was poor today. As mentioned, no shots on target. But we have all been here before. Let's hope that our home form can keep us in this league. I'm worried now. This is getting far too close.
Last point. When are we going to play our games in hand? Notice that Burnley.....Watford......Palace and Leeds all have midweek matches coming up. Results go against us , and we are back in the mire.
Is the Premier league going to force is to , at some point play these matches in the space of a week. Say 3 in 7/8 days. This Everton team don't do that. It's hard enough for them to play and win one match a week.
Poor today folks. Man City next week. Let's hope that our bunch can surprise us. Let's hope. But I'm getting worried.
We can't go down..........can we? Up The Toffees. Our useless wee inconsistent Toffees.

It is crazy how a professional player can go from working their arses off last week and getting their rewards - yet just not bothering today.

Ancelotti called them out v Wolves away
Benitez called them out multiple times

There’s obviously a massive lack of unity in the squad. I wonder whether they actually spend anytime together outside of FF - doesn’t look like they have a particularly close bond, and when the chips are down that shows.
Benitez has us where we are.

Seriously in trouble this year...
Yep......let's hope that there is a surprise win or two in there somewhere.
hopefully starting with Man City next week. Who knows. But it's not looking good. We need a few wins from somewhere. And I hate to say this. But we also need a few favours from other teams.
We should never have been in this position. Defeats to Norwich....Watford....And others. Awful. It's squeaky bum time again.

Yep......let's hope that there is a surprise win or two in there somewhere.
hopefully starting with Man City next week. Who knows. But it's not looking good. We need a few wins from somewhere. And I hate to say this. But we also need a few favours from other teams.
We should never have been in this position. Defeats to Norwich....Watford....And others. Awful. It's squeaky bum time again.
Southampton gave us a football lesson today on how to pass a ball to their own men, we must be the worst passing team in the league. After last week all the usual culprits were back to their normal rubbish. Gomers was beyond bad today he should never play again.

Status
Not open for further replies.