Match Thread Southampton v Everton Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As poor as that performance was, the referee was once again utterly atrocious. One stonewall penalty not even looked at and Richarlison was kicked from pillar to post without even a foul given let alone a booking.

Think the saying of the broken clock being right twice a day fits here, last week we had a team full of broken clocks but today is the typical return to form. Pickford was fantastic and has been for a while but he can only do so much. Honestly I believe we'd clear up a load of issues in this team if Keane wasn't playing, he's the reason for so many faults throughout the pitch. Allan is also starting to show his age and there's no one aside from Doucoure in the squad that is comparable in quality. Iwobi and Kenny back to themselves today, Kenny may have a chance at being a bottom wrung Premier League right back but certainly not a bloody left back and certainly not for us.

DCL has been a waste of time since coming back too, even if he wins the ball he gives it back to them straight away and never looks threatening, it's like he's gone back to how he was when Silva came in. If Rondon put in the same performance he'd be getting dog's abuse so there's no excuse for him.

All in all let's not over react as a fan base, Norwich are down, Watford will struggle to stay up and Brentford are in more danger than us at the minute. We're not gonna do anything we can be proud of this season but we should quite easily be able to get 17th, if this crap continues into next season though we're down without a whimper by Christmas, 100%.

how are you supposed to score when you can't even get a shot on target

200.gif

Imo Coleman needs to be CB, at this point in his career he’s best there, he’s our best leader. Why he’s still playing RB is beyond me. We have Kenny and Patterson that can play there and are more mobile.
You on crack ? He got bullied off the header by Shane kin Long, no way he'll be a decent CB

The problem is that Frank will work all week int he training ground, will think he’s fixed the issue, then come match day it will be like this group of players has never seen each other.

It’s a curse that has consumed manager after manager. This group of players are the rotting core of the club. Utter cowards most of them.

Coleman Keane Holgate Kenny Gomes Davies Siggurdson Iwobi Tosun please just [Poor language removed] and give me the 5 years of my life I’ve wasted watching you morons
One won’t play again this season, one hasn’t played a single second of the season and the other wasn’t even in the squad ffs

Well. Probably our 2 worst performances of the season have now come under Lampard (as well as 2 of the best). He's got his work cut out here. Not his fault, this is on terrible recruitment and the Benitez appointment. But it is sobering.

I really would be amazed if we stay up the way things are going. Realistically, it looks like we are going to have to win almost every one of the games at home against: Newcastle, Brentford, Burnley, Wolves, Utd and Palace and hope that other teams around us don't keep picking up points. And football doesn't work that way. ?
2 worst performances under Fronk - you sure?

Have you had you're memory wiped of when Benitez was here - he served up much worse performances than Frank?!

Where did you get you're memory wiped, I could do with that please.

Status
Not open for further replies.