So you're now in charge. What would you do for the remaining games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then it's straight back into motivating them for the next game

tumblr_ma6weurKUO1rvwttvo1_500.gif

I used to manage a Sunday league team....so using that experience I would expect them to get totally bladdered the night before the game,turn up 5 minutes before the game starts and argue as to who’s turn it is to clean the kit. As for the game itself just try and score more goals than the other side.

Appoint a manager til the end of the season and tell him he only has a chance of getting the job on a permanent basis on a lucrative contract if he's able to get us 8th minimum and agrees to sell at least half of the current squad should he get the job. If the money is right, a decent manager (I don't know who, but that's not my job) currently out of work will love to join us. Newcaslte got Champions League-winning Rafael, so why can't we get a proven winner?

First I'd sell McCarthy to a local livestock dealer, for about £6 per kilo.

Then I'd take the squad out to the Brecon Beacons for a team-building experience with the SAS. A little escape and evasion exercise, followed by some strenuous torture after the inevitable capture caused by most of them refusing to run. Hopefully Schneiderlin would "get lost" during the night and be found, six days later, frozen solid at the bottom of a ravine.

More seriously, maybe taking them to somewhere worlds away from their pampered bubble would be an idea? Spend a week in Soweto living in a tin shack, thirteen people to a room, living on porridge and walking seven miles each way to get some tepid dirty water JUST to make them realise how amazingly easy they have it in comparison. Then bring them back to Finch Farm and set some new ground rules for the rest of the season - all based on discipline, effort and commitment.

At the end of the season, sell / give away Sandro, McCarthy, Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Tosun, Niasse, Walcott and soooooooo many others.

The lack of effort and fight in most of our players right now absolutely boils my urine.

The board sack Silva tomorrow and then think outside the box.

They say we're not spending any more this season on unproven rubbish. The fans seem to have a lot to say so let one of them put up or shut up. Let's have a raffle and the winner takes the team through to May (I'd be in the draw by the waylol)

So you've won. What now?

Not bothered. Would get a multi-million pound pay out either way. Football is nuts....

Drop Coleman/Sigurdsson.

Convert Jagielka to coach & reassign the captaincy permanently.

Play this team:

Pickford

Kenny - Keane - Zouma - Digne

Gueye - Gomes
Davies

Lookman - - DCL - - Richarlison​

and train them on finding space, and tell the wingers to get down the line at every opportunity. Tell Richarlison not to run into players, but to use his pace to get around the player...

For matches we expect to lose play 5 at the back dropping Davies for Mina.

Drop Walcott permanently. Start re-introducing McCarthy into the team.

Pretend that I knew what I was doing. Select the exact same teams as Silva and hope for different results. Now on the inside, I would hunt down the Arteta money like it was Liam Neeson's daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.