So, if Pienaar were to leave....

Status
Not open for further replies.
....and we managed to get around £12 mill for him and we did the deal early on and all the money was available to spend on the squad - what would you like to see happen with the money? Would you want it spent on a like for like replacement or would you feel we could find a decent balanced midfield between Bily, Felli, Arteta, Cahill, Rodwell, Ossie, Neville, Anichebe, Baxter, Gosling(when fit) and maybe get reinforcements in other areas?

How would we get any money for him when he's out of contract or did I miss something and he is on contract?

I really think that besides LW if we stay healthy we will have a squad that could grab 4th with or without Pinnear. If Billy's perferred position is LW then sooner or later we are going to have to give him an extended run at the position to see what we got in him anyway.

Our only real glaring hole in our 1st choise 11 is RW. Maybe we could give Coleman a run at the position in the preseason or perhaps Fulham is wiling to part with Dempsey given that he's primarily used as a sub there. Plus if we save our money we could get Donovan in January (though he might be running on fumes by then).

Deuce Dempsey donning Everton Blue? Nearly [Poor language removed] myself at the thought of it. Christmas would come early if that was the case.

Few options:

The Zog
Defour
Mouthino
Hazard,

Lets be honest though if he was to leave we would need to add two major outlets to our team rather one at the moment. He is prone to odd mistake is Pienaar, i really can see his career going nowhere if he was to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.