So, are you going to abandon football altogether, or support another team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost impossible to support another team unless your Robbie Keane and co lol.i could never even attempt it,no matter how many times you would want to,other teams losing to lower down teams just masks the pain these idiot players put us through,and mean that we maybe could have faced a lower down team in the next round,not that it matters with us who we play when we dont shot effort

I always look at the Rooney factor, and indeed to a lesser extent but still relevant, Ross Barkley.

2 lads both brought up on the Gwladys with stardust in their boots from the academy. Wayne arguably the best player in this country during the prem era.

Both fans. Both left.
Neither believed in this club.

The day Wayne left part of me left this club too. That was hard to take and was a realisation that we might never achieve again. Money took control of the game in immesurable amounts and we are where we are.

I realised recently that due to the RS under Klopp, I am finding myself watching and cheering on Manchester City more and more.

Everton have let me down too many times and after the complete wastefulness of the past few years, I cannot even have sympathy or play the pauper card.

The club is broken.

I'm just fatigued now to be honest. There's been too many false dawns. We've spent the last few seasons throwing cash around and have arguably got worse. Couple that with the top six being streets ahead, our terrible record against those sides, no pot to celebrate since 95 and continuous derby defeats and it's all just consumed my enthusiasm. I think it's happened to the fanbase too.

I've renewed for next season and won't talk it down because I'm fortunate to be in a position to go to the match, but I'm starting to wonder why. I mean, what's the point?

Used to care loads when I was younger/a student. But now I work Mon to Fri etc I can't be bothered with it getting in the way of my weekend so I just have alerts on my phone. 3pm on a Saturday is pretty much prime time of the weekend so watching football, to me, is just a waste.

No point caring too much about something I can't change.

My dad was a blue so that was that, I was saddled with it.. Sat on his shoulders in the paddock,the old enlosure and the Street end.
We saw some dross played by players not quite good enough, but the fight was always there.

However I'm betting my old fellas's up on a cloud somewhere gutted like I am seeing that performance tonight by a band of mercenary cowards who don't know the meaning of having a royal blue shirt on their back.
As for Z Cars, I'll bet not one hair on the back of their expensive necks sticks up when its played at our place.

feck me Tim Cahill was an Ausie but would have died for the cause.

Something badly wrong here.

Inappropriate Language
I've been living in Scotland for the past few years, so I've been to a quite a few games up here, by far the best stadium to go to as a neutral is Celtic Park. The energy of that place and Goodison is like night and day, especially on a European night. In fact going to Celtic Park has actually got me enjoying football games, but I'd much rather go to Goodison if it were closer and there wasn't so many fricken unrestricted views, and we weren't playing the same old [Poor language removed]. I'm not really into Premier League football anymore, just Everton, I think it's been like that for the past five years at least for me..... If the "top teams" were on the TV, I just couldn't be bothered watching. The Premier League itself has lost that spark mostly because of the money. And the atmosphere is suffering too. Scottish Football might not be on the same level, but it seems to mean a lot more to the fans up here. I enjoyed supporting Everton far more when we had no money. Now the team just seems to be filled with a bunch of mercenaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.