So, are you going to abandon football altogether, or support another team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely I’m thinking about looking at a local lower league team to get my football fix. I’m from that generation of fans where I’ve never seen us do anything apart from win an FA cup which I’m too young to remember. Football is about entertainment and it’s honestly becoming a chore, as a logical person it’s becoming pretty stark how Everton offer absolutey zero joy or good moments into my life. Tie that in with what football is becoming (and wants to become) and it’s looking gloomy.

Genuinely I’m thinking about looking at a local lower league team to get my football fix. I’m from that generation of fans where I’ve never seen us do anything apart from win an FA cup which I’m too young to remember. Football is about entertainment and it’s honestly becoming a chore, as a logical person it’s becoming pretty stark how Everton offer absolutey zero joy or good moments into my life. Tie that in with what football is becoming (and wants to become) and it’s looking gloomy.
Been thinking the exact same for ages.

I honestly wouldn't switch to another team, of course not. But I think Everton are making me fall out of love with them. I'm actually very close to not caring whatsoever.

I honestly wouldn't switch to another team, of course not. But I think Everton are making me fall out of love with them. I'm actually very close to not caring whatsoever.
Yep. Feel so apathetic towards the club atm. Even when we scored it was muted celebrations. “Get in...keeper made an error from the first shot on target after 44 minutes” doesn’t exactly exude confidence does it? We deserved nothing and we somehow didn’t deserve that. I knew it’d happen and I’m still disappointed hahaha. It’s mad. They manage to bum you out even more than you thought possible. I hate us so much

I would probably pay to not be an Evertonian anymore if it was possible which it isn't sadly. Been too many years of frustration and disappointment. You have to go back to at least the 90s and 80s since we deserved our motto and that was when i enjoyed being an Evertonian. It is hard to even remember what it felt like back then it was that long ago.

Just find myself constantly descending into the dont care what happens mindset nowadays to try and deflect away from the never ending frustration and disappointment of supporting Everton.

The problem is there is nothing to like about Everton at the moment. Our season is over in January, we lost the derby in the 96th minute to basically hand them the title. We're rubbish, yet you can't often get tickets for away matches and even home matches, which wasn't the case in the past. We have spent a huge amount of money on players, yet we're further away from the top four than we were let's say in 2010. We haven't beaten the RS in nearly 10 years, haven't beaten them at Anfield in 20 years. It's not even like the past, when you could almost laugh at our mistakes. The team have no backbone whatsover, I just can't be bothered with them. Look at Wolves for example, beat Liverpool, beat Spurs, beat Chelsea, got draws at United, Arsenal at at home to Man City. We have 1 point against the top six. The problem is due to the number of season tickets sold, like Arsenal fans can't really protest by not attending games. Protesting at games can get nasty, which nobody wants.

I said to my son before the game that our stock has never been so low , if we disappear from the game nobody would notice . The game today was just another classic cup tie it's happened so many times and with the weather I thought it was nailed on ,I was quite surprised we looked as though we might win . Not bothered we are so far away from being a top side , the new stadium is needed ASAP and a billionaire otherwise mediocrity will remain .

Started watching NFL a bit back, it's good fun, but the time difference makes it difficult to watch live games. The games in London are great though because they are on BBC. When they have more games in the UK I could see myself getting into it more

Status
Not open for further replies.