So, are you going to abandon football altogether, or support another team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This exemplifies all that is rotten in this brave new world, where people befriend and unfriendly each other because they can’t agree on which brand of trainees is best. Sod off the lot of you, you can’t ever have been blues to begin with!

I watch a ton of footy, but have zero rooting interest outside of Everton. That will never change, unless my kid is a pro or something crazy like that.

Everton are in my blood the thought of supporting anyone else is totally alien to me or any blue I would imagine,just have to hope that this football club who I love gets it act together before I shift off this mortal coil

Give your heads a wobble lads. As for some people saying they'll support United I can only assume they are saying this in jest as any Scouser who supports that lot needs to have a long look at themselves.

They sing songs about Scousers and how much they hate us and even as a blue it gets on my nerves. I couldn't care less if we both hate the RS they're a bunch of inbred Manc t**ts.

All they hear is the accent and they're off with their bile and hate regardless of what team you support in the city. This goes beyond football.

Give your heads a wobble lads. As for some people saying they'll support United I can only assume they are saying this in jest as any Scouser who supports that lot needs to have a long look at themselves.

They sing songs about Scousers and how much they hate us and even as a blue it gets on my nerves. I couldn't care less if we both hate the RS they're a bunch of inbred Manc t**ts.

All they hear is the accent and they're off with their bile and hate regardless of what team you support in the city. This goes beyond football.

I agree, however if you are going to switch teams, you may as well pick City.
I hear it’s possible to get tickets for their home games.

You might be on to something there m8.

I will support whoever wins the Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1 and Mexican league every year. I deserve it after all the years of misery watching men kick a footy in shorts :(

Grew up supporting Everton, still do. My Dad's job moved us to Leeds in 1951 and I played for Leeds United Juniors for a couple of years before National Service. After I moved South with my job, I played for Maidenhead United who are now in the Conference. So have other options. Everton will always be my no.1 but there are times, like the week before last, when all three lost.:mad:

In answer to the OP, no.
I've supported this shower through thick and thin for over 40 years. You can't ditch that kind of affiliation so easily (though the '90's tested me severely).
Yes I've watched other teams, other sports but nothing, NOTHING beats the feeling of an Everton goal or win.
It can't be replaced. God knows I've tried (The Ashes win in 2005 was good).
So, on Tuesday I'll be checking in like the serial masochist I am, hoping beyond hope that this expensively-assembled 'team' of mercenaries and their apparently clueless overseer will miraculously win and restore some pride in the shirt they wear.
*sob*

Status
Not open for further replies.