So, are you going to abandon football altogether, or support another team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoenstly, if I lived in that area I would find the nearest lower league club and start watching them and also find somewhere to watch 20/20's. Hell, even tests would be more enjoyable than what Everton put on a weekly basis.

I would say it is better to have a broad base of sporting teams and other sports men and women that you support than just follow Everton, that way you can at least experience some highs.

In footballing terms Real Madrid have always been my second team since the 80's, so the last few years have given me something to cheer about. Not to say it is the same because it's not, but it is better than nothing.

I also support the NY Giants and although recently they are as about as good as Everton, I got to see them lift the super bowl in 08 and 12. Since we last won a trophy in 95 I have also seen Raikkonen, Hamilton (multiple times) and Button win the F1 crowns and obviously a lot more races inbetween. British boxing has been on the up over the last couple of decades, with lots of good champions to follow, esp. Joe Calzaghe. Got to see Wales get to the finals of a competition at last and the rugby team win championships in 05, 08,12 and 13 and some successful British Lions tours. To add to that the tennis with Agassi, Murray and Nadal to name but a few I support and the Ryder cups and the decent results of British athletes in major games I feel that I have had some sporting highs in this lull period in Everton's history.

If I hadn't had that I feel I would be a husk of a man by now. I however would never support another team directly in competition with Everton, but I highly recommend anyone finding a second team that they like and that actually win things.

First time in 25 years barring a two year spell i won’t be renewing my season ticket. I absolutely despise this club as a footballing notion, we are an embarrassment.

The most bizarre thing for me is how we sell our ground out now. Under Moyes we were 36k on average no matter what yet here we are with this year upon year and we have full houses.

I would say it is better to have a broad base of sporting teams and other sports men and women that you support than just follow Everton, that way you can at least experience some highs.

In footballing terms Real Madrid have always been my second team since the 80's, so the last few years have given me something to cheer about. Not to say it is the same because it's not, but it is better than nothing.

I also support the NY Giants and although recently they are as about as good as Everton, I got to see them lift the super bowl in 08 and 12. Since we last won a trophy in 95 I have also seen Raikkonen, Hamilton (multiple times) and Button win the F1 crowns and obviously a lot more races inbetween. British boxing has been on the up over the last couple of decades, with lots of good champions to follow, esp. Joe Calzaghe. Got to see Wales get to the finals of a competition at last and the rugby team win championships in 05, 08,12 and 13 and some successful British Lions tours. To add to that the tennis with Agassi, Murray and Nadal to name but a few I support and the Ryder cups and the decent results of British athletes in major games I feel that I have had some sporting highs in this lull period in Everton's history.

If I hadn't had that I feel I would be a husk of a man by now. I however would never support another team directly in competition with Everton, but I highly recommend anyone finding a second team that they like and that actually win things.

It just wouldn´t feel real for me supporting another football team in that way. Good shout on the other sports though, I got really invested in Murray with the tennis for quite a while. Probably one of my favourite sporting meories him winning that first slam.

Frankly, since Moyes left Everton have been pathetic for anything in terms of games to remember. We can´t even muster a win against Liverpool.

I renewed my season ticket yesterday. :D

:eek: Masochist! If there are any dodgy crime in the area I'm directing the cops to you first...:p

The most bizarre thing for me is how we sell our ground out now. Under Moyes we were 36k on average no matter what yet here we are with this year upon year and we have full houses.

That is the new stadium factor, people trying to guarantee that they get to go to the last game at Goodison. That bumped the season tickets through the roof and the type of supporter that hasn't got one but feels they must go to the game goes despite not being able to see half the pitch.

:eek: Masochist! If there are any dodgy crime in the area I'm directing the cops to you first...:p

That is the new stadium factor, people trying to guarantee that they get to go to the last game at Goodison. That bumped the season tickets through the roof and the type of supporter that hasn't got one but feels they must go to the game goes despite not being able to see half the pitch.

I´m glad you said that because the year I stopped going the numbers went up. Thought it was putting people off.

I´d be surprised if these numbers maintain next year, new stadium or not we look absolutely hopeless in every aspect. We don´t even get the drama of a relegation battle, just beat Brighton, Bournemouth etc at home to trudge to mid table.

I am a big 49ers fan. They too haven't won since 95 :/

I always love seeing Liverpool lose, especially when it creates moments like Fanta scruff.

I can admire other clubs like SAF's Manchester United and Peps' City.

I have found it easier to dismiss in an era of £40 ticket prices and £100k pw journeymen. Imagine paying your mortgage off after 7 - 14 days 'work'.

Once you get that in your head you realise this game has changed from the one of loyalty and devotion to your local team.
Identity has gone and the beautiful game is long dead.

I enjoyed the peak era of Fed, Djok, Nadal and Murray. Great era for tennis.

Another blue once said to me "you can change your job, you can change your house, you can change your wife but you can't change your football team".

We're all stuck with Everton I'm afraid.

Yeah it's both a blessing and a curse all at once.This is a great club, with a great history.With regards to modern football though, we are sadly an irrelevance, and left the building as a serious footballing force 32 years ago.But all we can do is just keep on supporting, and hope that the tide turns in our favour.Sooner rather than later.

I've been watching part time, semi pro Irish league football regularly this year and it's been far more enjoyable.

I've a lot of respect for guys who hold down full time jobs, have to rush from work to evening midweek fixtures, maybe get home well after midnight, and then are up at 6am again for work, and are only getting 200 quid a week for the pleasure. They play for the love and to win something. Not for themselves.

It makes me really really dislike our current squad. It really puts their pathetic efforts into perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.