Snide

Snide

• Never enough Snide

• Got to do it, it's the modern game

• Now and again, so we don't get a name for it.

• An ungentlemanly trait, the sign of a Bounder and a Cad

• Just not Everton is it.

• We were always snide, just subtle with it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The proof that it worked last night was the sending off of Uncle Festers lad, Shelvey.

There was absolutely no need for that tackle, nowhere near the goal area, with a minute to go.

Pure frustration.
It was lovely. At first I thought Gana may be injured, but there was nothing wrong with him, just a bad tackle that sent him flying. Couldn't have happened to a nice guy in Shelvey too, haha!
Have to say, that Newcastle team is absolutely shocking. With WHU and Palace improving, Burnley pretty much safe and various other clubs doing ok, I would not be surprised if Newcastle dropped right into the danger zone. An utterly awful team with no individual quality whatsoever.

The proof that it worked last night was the sending off of Uncle Festers lad, Shelvey.

There was absolutely no need for that tackle, nowhere near the goal area, with a minute to go.

Pure frustration.
But but but, Danny the helmet Murphy said he shouldn't have walked cos there was only a minute to go....
He even mentioned (Gana, was it?) "rolling 17 times to get him sent off"
If our snide is starting to upset that little rat, it's good with me

But but but, Danny the helmet Murphy said he shouldn't have walked cos there was only a minute to go....
He even mentioned (Gana, was it?) "rolling 17 times to get him sent off"
If our snide is starting to upset that little rat, it's good with me
Credit to Danny Murphy, to me he was just an ex kopite who was a tit but he’s roared to top of my hate charts and knocked Ashley young of his perch!
One absolute whopper of the highest order, in fact there are no words to describe my hate for this cretin.

One of the more noticeable attributes that Sam has brought to the Team is Snide.
For a long time we were polite and civil in matches, utter gentlemen on the pitch and well liked for it. We've not really argued with Refs, been about teams with niggling fouls, targeted players for rough times or time wasted to any great extent.

With Sam, the School of Snide is open.

Rooney and Williams are at the ref at every opportunity, Gamesmanship in seeing out games happens every match, the opposition Box has now become festooned with invisible trip hazards.

In just a fortnight we've suddenly become a lot more cut-throat about games.

Is it a good thing? something that we've been missing?
Is it ungentlemanly and against the spirit in which we should be playing the game?

What's your favourite/funniest bit of snide you've seen?

Klopp chucking his toys out of the pram.

BTW when DCL kicked the ball away the ref stopped his watch until after the yellow was shown.
Still smart snideness though. Gave the defence time to set back up.

Like people have said, playing snide is crucial if you’re gonna win games. Disrupt momentum, put a seed of doubt in referees minds at every 50/50 call and play the clock down. Just great game management.

Status
Not open for further replies.