Snide

Snide

• Never enough Snide

• Got to do it, it's the modern game

• Now and again, so we don't get a name for it.

• An ungentlemanly trait, the sign of a Bounder and a Cad

• Just not Everton is it.

• We were always snide, just subtle with it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's absolutely fantastic. It provides a psychological edge too Arguably. Starts to frustrate the opposition which puts them off their game.

Every time I have ever heard a fan complain about such antics is when they've lost / a team hasn't rolled over for them.

I want us to be hated on the pitch and we’ll see more penalties and red cards against us. If we’re leading going into the last 10 I’m not as nervous as I used to be when we’d just carry on playing as we were. Take it to the corner, take ages swapping throw in takers, kick balls away, berate refs. Love it.

Snide is great. Unfortunately Sniderlin is still crap, get him sold.

Loved Pickford and Rooney especially taking their time. DCL tapping the ball away when they had a free kick, our players not rushing throw ins, etc. Always in the ref's face. Do it more Blues. Everybody else does it, no room for being nice in this game. Sam is a snide ain't nothing wrong with that.

I want us to be hated on the pitch and we’ll see more penalties and red cards against us. If we’re leading going into the last 10 I’m not as nervous as I used to be when we’d just carry on playing as we were. Take it to the corner, take ages swapping throw in takers, kick balls away, berate refs. Love it.
Just love it, been saying for ages we have been too nice.

Yes, remember Jags when Costa kicked off with Seamus, kept out of it tieing his laces, nice fella but awful captain.
Funny that, but so true. Absolutely woeful captain, same as Baines when given the armband. I never understood giving the captaincy to the quietest and most shy members of the squad, those who are unwilling to rough up the opposition or even question the referee. Refusing to defend your own players is an absolute sin and I genuinely hope we never have to see either of those two start a game with the armband on. Give it Rooney this season, and Seamus from next season. That's the armband sorted for the next three years. Maybe Pickford could be a long-term captain, he seems to have the personality and influence for it.

Funny that, but so true. Absolutely woeful captain, same as Baines when given the armband. I never understood giving the captaincy to the quietest and most shy members of the squad, those who are unwilling to rough up the opposition or even question the referee. Refusing to defend your own players is an absolute sin and I genuinely hope we never have to see either of those two start a game with the armband on. Give it Rooney this season, and Seamus from next season. That's the armband sorted for the next three years. Maybe Pickford could be a long-term captain, he seems to have the personality and influence for it.

yeah only ever saw Baines riled up once against Arteta when he tried to snide Ross

As long as its done proper. I do hate to 15 rolls after a tackle etc But love being in players faces. If tackled in box go down. Its the modern games. Dont dive if no contact but go down anyway if contact and ur not getting a shot or pass off. Small bit of proper time wasting allowed if necessary. Just being smart is key to it all.

Kenny looking for the ball for the throw in was one of the funniest things I have witnessed in the past couple of years from Everton
That was amazing.

Knew the ball was out of play so looked towards the pitch, soon as he knew it had been thrown onto the pitch he turned around and looked towards the sidelines searching for the ball, then their player got angry and got the ball and threw it aggressively at him. Should have been a yellow for their guy to be honest. Great stuff Jonjoe.

best bit was calvert lewin kicking the ball away in the 93rd minute and getting a yellow card

if i was going to get a yellow for doing that though i would have picked the ball up and wellied it away

Ya ha ha. If getting a yellow do it proper. I remember my local team had started getting a problem picking up yellow cards for mouthing at the ref. Our manager put a stop to it. It became a rule if u got a yellow it must be a proper yellow for like an agressive tackle. If u got a yellow for messing around u had to sit and and talk to a yellow cone for 60 mins after the match in the middle of the pitch. It was funny. 3 lads sitting seperately talking to yellow cones after the first match. It worked though. No more yellows and if u were going to get 1 u did it proper.

Status
Not open for further replies.