Sir David of Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, people criticising Moyes just a few games into the season?
Oh, wait a minute, no - they're actually criticising Moyes 7 1/2 years into his tenure as manager!
I think most Evertonians appreciate Moyes has done a good job - although some might argue over how many miracles he's performed. Despite having steadily improved the quality of his squad, many seem perplexed by his inability to get his team to play decent football consistently through the course of a season. There are always some matches where we get to see how well the team can play, but in previous seasons he's been unable to sustain that level of performance. Understandably supporters are dismayed to see the season start off with some examples of the kind of performances we're looking to see eradicated. Thankfully the last two matches have seen a much better balance to the team, the ball played on the floor much more, better passing & the results haven't been too shoddy either. If he's to take us to greater heights, & hopefully a bit of silverware, I think this is the next hurdle for him to overcome. I'd also like to see him be a little bolder sometimes, as I recall he was when he first took the post. If I remember correctly it wasn't unusual, in the early days, for him to defend a lead by bringing on an extra striker - & not because that was all he had on the bench! I've no doubt Moyes could be a great manager rather than just a good manger - but he ain't won us nothing yet.

I am sad to say about "hoofball" as well. It is a tradition. But we can change tradition. In this plan I have to introduce Tony Mowbray. Think of this, how he got West Brom to such a great passing team, they were entertaining. He can be a second manager to Moyes, be an advisor to help in passing.

Gosh, people criticising Moyes just a few games into the season?
Oh, wait a minute, no - they're actually criticising Moyes 7 1/2 years into his tenure as manager!
I think most Evertonians appreciate Moyes has done a good job - although some might argue over how many miracles he's performed. Despite having steadily improved the quality of his squad, many seem perplexed by his inability to get his team to play decent football consistently through the course of a season. There are always some matches where we get to see how well the team can play, but in previous seasons he's been unable to sustain that level of performance. Understandably supporters are dismayed to see the season start off with some examples of the kind of performances we're looking to see eradicated. Thankfully the last two matches have seen a much better balance to the team, the ball played on the floor much more, better passing & the results haven't been too shoddy either. If he's to take us to greater heights, & hopefully a bit of silverware, I think this is the next hurdle for him to overcome. I'd also like to see him be a little bolder sometimes, as I recall he was when he first took the post. If I remember correctly it wasn't unusual, in the early days, for him to defend a lead by bringing on an extra striker - & not because that was all he had on the bench! I've no doubt Moyes could be a great manager rather than just a good manger - but he ain't won us nothing yet.

Exellent post Dennis, and not a single shot in sight. ;)

I'm going to say it, although it's blatantly obvious.

For a club of our stature, fourteen years without a piece of silverware is simply not good enough.

14 YEARS, no trophies, I think Moyes is great, still to do better things, but it's been so long without a single piece of silverware, when's the next trophy coming. :blink:

Maybe because I still think of the golden harvest of the mid 1980s I don't worry to much, but come on, fourteen years, THIS IS EVERTON.

point being, it's been too long without a trophy, stating the obvious, but I want, no I crave, seeing Everton win another piece of silverware to add to our long list of honors.

Rant over.

Thats just silly. lol

How could you mistake Moyes for a persian or manx?

A sort of warped Dumb and Dumber.

Moyes the cat. lol

Interesting article, but curious title seeing as "Other Clubs wish they were Everton and we know why..." isn't much of a Doctrine & there's nothing to indicate that it is Moyes Doctrine, if he has one. In fact, I don't think there was a quote attributable to Moyes at all.

Also a bit contradictory to claim Everton are hard to play against, even for the Sky 4, if you're going to highlight the 6-1 defeat at the start of the season - that's one Sky 4 team that probably wished they could play us every week!

I have seen every manager since the famous Taxi ride for Johnny Carey
and Moyes is the Very Best we have had,
Cattrick had the Moores Millions, he could buy anyone he wanted and did.
Kendall a brilliant player bought about four teams before he found a magic combination, he wouldnt get that money or time these days.

there is only fergison in the same league.

Status
Not open for further replies.