Silva must go

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were poor against Watford mate and they are absolutely HONKING so far this season. I cant remember much of the Burnley game in truth, remember us taking the lead via a deflection and scoring a second due to a keeper howler giving Coleman a headed tap in.

Liverpool should have scored (Salah had two absolute sitters which he delayed on to allow Keane and PIckford to do their stuff)
Chelsea should have scored.
Arsenal - We were excellent and it was criminal we only won 1-0.
United - Mixture of a superb Everton performance and the worst United team to come to Goodison.

Fantastic run and obviously you need a bit of luck against the top sides but just dont be fooled by the away 0 on two of those games as we should have been a goal or two down against Chelsea and Liverpool. For all the good of those last few home games (I say home speicfically as we were atroscious away as always) we had a run of 3 wins in 16 games, which effectively cost us not only the Europa League this season but also entry to the the group stages as a whole.

He doesn't set his team up well at all. We consistently play 2 holding midfielders regardless of who we play. We show absolutely zero ambition going forward and making good and controlled use of the ball. We have a right back who has no idea how to cross a ball and yet we seemed to persist to go down his side on Saturday as opposed to the left. We CONSTANTLY tried to go through the middle, where Kean was marked by three players with Sheffield United playing a low block and having 10 behind the ball, as compact as possible so we couldn't get through. Notice how they focused on Digne not being given space to cross while Coleman was given much more? Absolutely planned.

Every now and then it clicks and we look absolutely superb. However its far more often it doesn't click and we look disjointed, we look like the team have no cohesion whatsoever and completely without a plan. We also managed to concede four set piece goals in a row (corner, free kick, throw in, corner). I have less issue with the second goal against Sheff Utd. While not good enough when we are pushing for a goal there is always a risk of a counter attack goal like that.

Bottom line is Silva is a mediocre manager, this isn't just a few months and wanting him gone, this is a season and then a summer where we appear to have signed some flair and quality and still have no idea how to attack teams.

Silva was questioned with the task of beating a team who parked the bus on Saturday. He had ZERO answer for it, along with some players who were absolutely anonymous (special mention to Siggurdsson). One of the most baffling decisions being bringing on Walcott instead of Calvert-Lewin. I hate DCL as a footballer, he isn't good, isn't smart with his feet and doesn't have the brain for it. HOWEVER, he is a decent header of the ball, and in a game where crossing was our biggest threat, you'd think it would have been better to have another target in the box rather than Theo Walcott who just isn't arsed, isn't intelligent and has zero quality. He took Bernard off when out of the front four he was the one who was making things tick a lot more in the first half.

Please note @Stanley Parker the whole reply isn't to you, just the first couple of paras. As you can see i have been holding out my raging anger with this club since Saturday.

Rant over. The frustration and disappointment is real with this club. Appoint a manager who has done very little in his career and this is what we should have expected (Im sorry, but winning the league with Sporting in a three-horse race and winning the league with Olympiacos which is a one-horse race is NOT an achievement). I was foolishly rather excited about this season, signed some quality in the summer (Apart from the huge blunder of not signing a quality CB)
Very good post, don’t forget before that good run we where destroyed 2-6 by Spurs

I like him but he’s just not good enough, injures also havnt helped his cause but sticking with Sig and 4-2-3-1 is killing us

Obviously Madrid.

He was going on about united not being modern enough like having a director of football but unless we're able to offer him a massive ware chest, which we can't due to FFP then it shouldn't even be thought of.
Its just sad that non of these world class managers like a challenge. Always make the easy choices an go to the likes of madrid barca etc.

Demonstrates how fickle our fans can be, towards the end of the season raving about Marco and the team, fast forward a few games...

Agree that we are on a poor run of form and that some decisions are questionable, but to knee jerk and say he must go at this point is laughable.
To be honest Chelsea missed countless chances in the first half, Arsenal we were great, but Arsenals away form was appalling last season. Look at Man United's results towards the end of the season and even this season, they're awful, so it's not exactly like playing United in the past. The Liverpool game we were undoubtedly great, but I think our fans got us that result, the deafening noise certainly helped. Also as another poster mentioned Salah missed an easy chance, and we relied on excellent challenges from Keane and Digne to keep us in the game. Also it's worth pointing out we didn't have any meaningful chance that game, which to me is pathetic. Beating Burnley and Watford at home is hardly a big deal.
The problem is that we just haven't thought through our signings. Failing to sign a proper striker since Lukaku, is just unforgivable, failing to get a replacement for Zouma and somebody to replace Gueye is also unforgivable. We've bought average players for huge amounts of money and it just hasn't worked. Players like Bolaise, Klassen, Tosun and Snides hasn't done anything for us. We weren't that far behind Liverpool when Moshiri came in, just look a us now.

To be honest Chelsea missed countless chances in the first half, Arsenal we were great, but Arsenals away form was appalling last season. Look at Man United's results towards the end of the season and even this season, they're awful, so it's not exactly like playing United in the past. The Liverpool game we were undoubtedly great, but I think our fans got us that result, the deafening noise certainly helped. Also as another poster mentioned Salah missed an easy chance, and we relied on excellent challenges from Keane and Digne to keep us in the game. Also it's worth pointing out we didn't have any meaningful chance that game, which to me is pathetic. Beating Burnley and Watford at home is hardly a big deal.
The problem is that we just haven't thought through our signings. Failing to sign a proper striker since Lukaku, is just unforgivable, failing to get a replacement for Zouma and somebody to replace Gueye is also unforgivable. We've bought average players for huge amounts of money and it just hasn't worked. Players like Bolaise, Klassen, Tosun and Snides hasn't done anything for us. We weren't that far behind Liverpool when Moshiri came in, just look a us now.

Not one of the players you mention there are Silva (or more accurately Brands) signings. On that point, Brands is accountable for recruitment, so why would that influence your thinking on a "Silva must go" thread...?

By the way, I don't disagree that we have failed to replace some of those players, but lets point the finger in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.