Should we have gone for Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disagree mate Moyes is finished. West Ham will go down, no doubt.

Don’t think they will. Good keeper, good strikers. Far worse teams on paper in the league than them. Carrol Hernandez Arnautovic Lanzini Reid Cresswell Zabaleta would all walk into our team currently.

If as seems certain, SA is appointed who would prefer him to the Moyesiah?

Yeah, let's do that.

But lets face facts here for a brief minute. We expect that Allardyce is in it for the money, infact, we almost certainly know this, but for him, this along side the Newcastle gig, is probably the biggest club job he's had, and i think he'll relish it - whether we, as supporters do, well that's a different matter - and try and prove a few people wrong.

Regardless of whether you like him or not, he hasn't actually done the dirty on us, well, not yet anyway. Moyes, on the other hand? Well he and Kenwright done a royal number on us for years. I'll always respect Moyes, for getting us out of the mire, and giving us fresh lease of life. But let's not overlook the cold hard facts. "Top-Half Finishes", and no wins away to any of the so called "Big 4", through his tenure was unforgiveable. After the 2009 Cup Final, he for me, gave up.

He instilled such a negative, dour, repressive manner on the way the club was perceived... "Little Old Everton", "working on a shoe string", "Lucky to even finish top half, 8th shows how brilliant we're doing".... and so on.

Crowds dwindled, bored of his negative tactics, which definitely did not justify his cocky, arrogant and classless persona he had. The Derby at Anfield, was the icing on many a disgruntled fans cake, with us blowing a lead, and defending a 1-1 draw, going into extra time, with him actually trying to bring on Tony Hibbert. That was him.

Then lets not forget his final season, with rumours whirling that Fergie was going, up stepped "Moysiah", with great football, fresh ideas, and an agenda of being the best. Then... as rumours intensified, and the deal was "Done", the performances dropped.

Then he ran down his contract, and walked for free, making Kenwright look more of a fool for the "job for life" comment he had made. He made a mug of the job, and then he went and tried to unsettle Baines, Fellaini and the like.

The man, was a saviour, turned corrupt dinosaur. You reap what you sow Davey, and no one is happier, than me, that you're a failure. Don't let the boos freak you out.

So the reality is, Allardyce has yet to screw us over. So he's my choice over the two.

I would have said no until Today
Our club who could go for Howard Kendall twice Then may as well have gone for the other recent successful manager
At this rate though Roberto would be welcome back
With HIS coaching team of Thierry Henry not the others though

Status
Not open for further replies.