Should we give the RS a guard of honour? (poll)

Should we?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
More assists this season than last, yet people still keep saying hes been average cos he hasnt pinged in a 40 yarder, madness.
Who mentioned a 40 yarder? Not me, putting words in people’s mouths is a sure fire admittance of being wrong. Liverpool should (not deserve) get a guard of honour and not one of our players would get in their team. That’s life.

You said hes been bang average, I disagree.
You think we should bow and scrape to vermin, I strongly disagree.

Thats life.
Didn’t say that. Is your best form of defence making stuff up? Really odd. I said that Liverpool fans want us to not give them a guard of honour (should the need arise) why would anyone want to satisfy a Liverpool fan? Really really odd.

Given the first team lost to their academy side , for us to give them a guard of honour would not sit well with the fans. Completely different ball game with that embarrasment under our belts.

So to go from that to clapping them for winning the league , can't see the fan base accepting that nor the players doing it. The hostile reception will be far more hostile than normal and I would expect trouble to kick off afterwards off the back of it.

Given they aren't exactly humble set of fans at the best of times

How about the club get ahead of this story and avoid the bad publicity by producing a special commemorative pennant, which they can say was inspired by the many wonderful gifts they received from fellow premier league clubs when celebrating 100 years in the top flight. They can give them it at the pre-match handshake instead of the guard of honour, which they say is better for the players as it safeguards them from getting injuries due to spending too long messing about before kicking off.

No-one can say the achievement isn't being marked, the crowd aren't subjected to a farcical pantomime of respect, health and safety is paramount and smarter journalists will pick up on the 100 years celebration reference.

Who mentioned a 40 yarder? Not me, putting words in people’s mouths is a sure fire admittance of being wrong. Liverpool should (not deserve) get a guard of honour and not one of our players would get in their team. That’s life.

Richarlison is better than Firmino & Oxlade-Chamberlain who has started about their last 5 games in a row (FA Cup aside)

To all the blues who feel we should give a guard of honour, just say "sorry, no can do" but we'll happily share this photo of the last time you won the league or something, and post it all over your social media so they know we're not sore losers. Especially for @Keiran who seems really eager to earn their respect.

To all the blues who feel we should give a guard of honour, just say "sorry, no can do" but we'll happily share this photo of the last time you won the league or something, and post it all over your social media so they know we're not sore losers. Especially for @Keiran who seems really eager to earn their respect.

View attachment 78607

I don’t want to earn *their* respect.

I’m more conscious about losing everybody elses.

My understanding is we started it in 2003 giving one to Utd. If true, we reap what we sow.

Just need City to win all games and we don't need to worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.