Should we give the RS a guard of honour? (poll)

Should we?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A clear sign of disrespect? Good

I would be all over that, infact as a club I would go out of my way to wind them up in any way.
They don't deserve our respect and we don't deserve as fans to be patronised by them beauts by telling us we've done well giving them one

It's about both of us it's about 2 teams who detest each other, as much as id love them to give us one of we ever won it I certainly wouldn't expect them to, and if they did I certainly would respect them anymore I'd do my utmost to wind their fans up about it

Fortunately, that’s never how it’s going to work. For a start, forgetting on-the-pitch matters, business relationships between the two clubs have always been amicable. The clubs have worked together on a variety of charitable projects such as FSF, Hillsborough as well as them working with EITC to invest in grass-roots Football and social projects.

The two clubs work together and rely on each other for support quite regularly. There is no way that the club would be so stupid to endorse such a public display of disrespect for no valid reason other than “they wouldn’t show it to us” or “what about der City bus tho!”.

They have plenty of bells as fans. We have our fair share. As does every club. This goes beyond all that. We’re not applauding their fans.

A number of years ago when Manure won the league at Goodison, the FA threatened to fine us £60k and/or impose a points deduction should we refuse. David Moyes dared them and asked to be shown the ruling. The FA did what they do best ie; sod all. The precedent has been set. By Everton. Everton did their lap of honour and MU received the trophy in an otherwise empty stadium.
It could be that the trophy is awarded in front of the away fans end at the end of the game.That way all the squeaky clean holier than thou super tolerant 'fans' can remain with the scum and join in the 'celebrations'
They have already decided that they won't receive the trophy till their last home game

We wouldn't be clapping their fans mate.

In truth, we wouldn't be clapping anyone. The players would. And they'd only be clapping their team. The best team, as you said.

Nothing to do with their club or their fans. It's a professional respect, much like the pre-match handshakes.
Behave. It would be the act of clapping their club. You know, the one the team represents. The one their 'wonderful' fans pay to watch. The club which is the worst role model for ignoring all protocol, and yet gets lauded for doing so.
But as you typed,' we wouldn't be clapping anybody', so, there is no need to clap at all then,is there.

Fortunately, that’s never how it’s going to work. For a start, forgetting on-the-pitch matters, business relationships between the two clubs have always been amicable. The clubs have worked together on a variety of charitable projects such as FSF, Hillsborough as well as them working with EITC to invest in grass-roots Football and social projects.

The two clubs work together and rely on each other for support quite regularly. There is no way that the club would be so stupid to endorse such a public display of disrespect for no valid reason other than “they wouldn’t show it to us” or “what about der City bus tho!”.

They have plenty of bells as fans. We have our fair share. As does every club. This goes beyond all that. We’re not applauding their fans.

Because Kieran some things ie Hillsborough is bigger than football, is bigger than our rivalries and more importantly it didn't just ffect Liverpool it affected the whole city. So we as a club rightly supported them

Same with EITC

but then winning the cup is purely football related, so they can suck me off if they think I'm going to be involved in any of that guard of honour

Not on this occasion, you can’t.

We have a choice, well the club do (thankfully)

We either show customary respect or we choose not to, which is a clear sign of disrespect. There is no inbetween.

I don’t think showing that disrespect would be right for the club and would send totally the wrong message.
I choose disrespect. Hands in the bucket if you agree

disrespect.jpg

Totally agree we have some bell as fans.

The onfield stuff is separate and that's why we shouldn't do it. In reality both clubs are intertwined and always will be, but that doesn't mean the teams or fans will be. Is it small time to refuse to sell them Pickford? No. Is it small time to boo them? No. It's entirely separate from JFT96 and the community work that we all stand together on.

I prefer the tried and trusted nonchalance rather than the OTT rage people on here display, but that doesn't mean we should give them a guard of honour. I'd probably be more offended if they did it for us than if they didn't.

That said, I'd rather do a guard of honour than be the team that they beat to win it. If we leave Goodison and the last trophy won there is Liverpool's I'd be annoyed.

We can't take the moral high ground (which our fans love doing) if we don't act by the standars we expect. Make no mistake, their fans are desperate for Everton to not give them a guard of honour, why any Evertonian would want to satisfy them is beyond me. Fed up of being small time. It's similar to last season when they were winning 12-15 league games on the bounce and the European Cup and our fans were trying to debate who had he best left back, absoloutley pathetic.

We can't take the moral high ground (which our fans love doing) if we don't act by the standars we expect. Make no mistake, their fans are desperate for Everton to not give them a guard of honour, why any Evertonian would want to satisfy them is beyond me. Fed up of being small time. It's similar to last season when they were winning 12-15 league games on the bounce and the European Cup and our fans were trying to debate who had he best left back, absoloutley pathetic.

Its us, Luca Digne.

Really. I'm only concerned about Everton. When the steady stream of Liverpool fans arrive at my desk on a Monday morning after a derby defeat I just tell them that the locus of my self esteem is not centred on a football team, but on things I can actually control, then I pick an example based on who I'm talking to. So, I may say "not being obese" to a fat person, or "career" to a fifty year old delivering the internal post. And so on. They all go away.

The sentiment is true though. Why should I beat myself up, or allow others to make me feel bad, based on the actions of 11 people I don't know and cannot influence? I'm an adult, not seven years old.

Face, bothered

Status
Not open for further replies.