Should Moyes be in charge for the last two games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a bit dramatic. Aside from the refusal to read what I posted in the correct context, you have chosen to respond on the back of it. Kenwright's legacy is a divided fanbase, has been since the concept of DK was first raised. The appreciation can and should be shown, it's the way we do things, with dignity and class by tradition, but the club comes first, I'll repeat it again, he can sit in the director's box next to best bud Bill and take 90 minutes of applause if that's what counts, jeez, I'll be happy for him to stay in the title of Everton manager, but for impressions, perception and club standing, he should be relieved of game responsibilities and that given to Round or Sheedy or whoever. He shouldn't be in the dugout, especially after his post on the MUFC website. As for a monopoly of pain, well, I stopped feeling the agony of an Evertonian more and more as I got older, and hopefully wiser. Things take a greater precedence in life and coupled with Bill's tenure, and ironically, lack of support to a very good manager, made me care less and less. However, having been following the club since 63, my family go all the way back to St Domingo FC, I'm actually from St Domingo rd, doesn't fossilise me and separate me from the 'real world' as you put it, that would mean we are victims of circumstances we cannot control, but, and you should know this being the expert you profess, recent history has shown that the majority of constraints upon Everton FC maintaining it's standing in football have been avoidable, avoidable by means of good practice and professionalism, and in these circumstances we are continuing to allow others to dictate our standing. Do you not thin enough is enough? Do you think by allowing just one more event it won't matter? Do you not think it doesn't add to the catalogue of mishaps that have been allowed to affect the reputation of this club? Don't you ever in the name of all that is f*cking holy tell me to show some respect for my club, all our club, and I will state this quite categorically without question, that your attitude is what I am actually trying to protect this club from. Lie down, let the heritage of this club seep out bit by bit, but don't for one moment think that people 'like me', as you put it, will not fight to stop the 'likes of you'. Best if we leave it at that.
word for word ,top post

That's a bit dramatic. Aside from the refusal to read what I posted in the correct context, you have chosen to respond on the back of it. Kenwright's legacy is a divided fanbase, has been since the concept of DK was first raised. The appreciation can and should be shown, it's the way we do things, with dignity and class by tradition, but the club comes first, I'll repeat it again, he can sit in the director's box next to best bud Bill and take 90 minutes of applause if that's what counts, jeez, I'll be happy for him to stay in the title of Everton manager, but for impressions, perception and club standing, he should be relieved of game responsibilities and that given to Round or Sheedy or whoever. He shouldn't be in the dugout, especially after his post on the MUFC website. As for a monopoly of pain, well, I stopped feeling the agony of an Evertonian more and more as I got older, and hopefully wiser. Things take a greater precedence in life and coupled with Bill's tenure, and ironically, lack of support to a very good manager, made me care less and less. However, having been following the club since 63, my family go all the way back to St Domingo FC, I'm actually from St Domingo rd, doesn't fossilise me and separate me from the 'real world' as you put it, that would mean we are victims of circumstances we cannot control, but, and you should know this being the expert you profess, recent history has shown that the majority of constraints upon Everton FC maintaining it's standing in football have been avoidable, avoidable by means of good practice and professionalism, and in these circumstances we are continuing to allow others to dictate our standing. Do you not thin enough is enough? Do you think by allowing just one more event it won't matter? Do you not think it doesn't add to the catalogue of mishaps that have been allowed to affect the reputation of this club? Don't you ever in the name of all that is f*cking holy tell me to show some respect for my club, all our club, and I will state this quite categorically without question, that your attitude is what I am actually trying to protect this club from. Lie down, let the heritage of this club seep out bit by bit, but don't for one moment think that people 'like me', as you put it, will not fight to stop the 'likes of you'. Best if we leave it at that.

Great post

Too right. Best post I've read for weeks.

Are people upset about how this makes us look to other club's and to other fans?

General consensus from club's in regards to this is that they don't care and don't have an opinion of him in charge for the last two games.

It's a non issue to the outside world. While I'm fine for people to be upset about it, why should it be in relation to what others think? Because others don't care.

Great Post.

It's absolutely a matter of opinion whether or not Moyes should continue in the same role for another two matches, or not.

There's no right or wrong, because either way it doesn't and won't make any difference to the way things evolve here.

The hierarchy at Man Utd won't care how we deal with it, and the only people arguing and agonising about it are us.

The decision has been made. David Moyes will continue as manager until the end of the season.

We can't change that, so, let's not make ourselves, and by extension our club look small and petty.

I don't want any applause or fond farewell's. Just go out and play the match on Sunday as though nothing has happened.

I'm not even arsed anymore if moyes takes the next two games, I am more worried about who kenwright will bring in. another hoof ball manager and I will walk away. I have made my mind up on this.

Are people upset about how this makes us look to other club's and to other fans?

General consensus from club's in regards to this is that they don't care and don't have an opinion of him in charge for the last two games.

It's a non issue to the outside world. While I'm fine for people to be upset about it, why should it be in relation to what others think? Because others don't care.
It may not be right at the front of other club's thinking right now, but it is to businesses and when they come looking to do a bit of business what has happened will be considered right there and then. You only have to look at the commerce the club is involved in, every 'partner' has taken advantage. Only for Moyes himself and the team did we recover from the impression given out after letting Rooney go in a desperate state of affairs, 'not for 50m' was the soundbite, 20-27 is what is accepted as the figure achieved, on the drip. The impression matters to Evertonians, it should matter to all Evertonians, imho, of course.

Is there a set of circumstances where we can stop Chelsea getting in the CL next season? It would be ironic if DMs first act as Utd manager is actually to get everton to beat Chelsea!!

Indeed there is.....and Chelsea are trailing at Villa Park as I post.

There is also the situation as it pertains to Arsenal and Spurs.

They may well need Everton to take something from the Chelsea game IMO this is going to be less likely with de-mob happy manager in charge.

United have already won the League, so im not sure whats being conflicted here, its not like Everton losing their last 2 games would help United.

Some of the arguements for him not being there tomorrow are quite laughable.

Thankfully he will get the applause he deserves tomorrow.

In Moyes We Trusted.

I think Everton need to set up a Helpline.

It is going to take a long time for some of thse chaps to adjust to life without The Moyesiah.

I'm just sayin'.

:(

Kudos to you, sir.

Thank goodness there are still many of us whom retain a pride in our club.

Actually, the vast majority of media and other fans think it's far better the way we're doing it.

When it was mooted that moyes would have to resign immediately in order to take over at Utd, most thought it very odd and a great shame that he wouldn't get to finish out the season (and particularly manage us at Goodison again) after 11 years of commitment and - whatever the anti moyes brigade might think - excellent work.

Personally I'm delighted he'll remain in charge until the end of the season - and especially for tomorrow. I don't believe it "lessens" the club at all, and actually think it gives us a better chance of winning those games - the players will want to send their boss out on a high IMHO.

When it first came out I was of the opinion he shouldn't be in charge but after sleeping on it I now know it was a stupid kneejerk reaction and we should thank him for all his efforts and for giving us a club we can be proud of again. We were on the road to nowhere when he arrived and he has given us some respect back despite not having as much money as the teams he has faced. We have been very lucky to have him and while I am sad to see him go it is a huge chance for the club to move on as Moyes was never going to take us any further. Maybe the new guy will be tactically better, who knows, but for now I say thanks to Moyes and good luck as he will need it to keep the fans at his new club happy.

Actually, the vast majority of media and other fans think it's far better the way we're doing it.

Actually.....you have no way of knowing what the "vast majority of media and other fans" think.

That claim is just pure nonsense.

Now, I'd agree with you that the media are loving it.

It's a media circus and that's the nature of the beast.

But other fans?

I can only go by the fans I sppeak with.....and all the Kopites I have spoken too think it bizarre.

Ditto my United friends say it wouldn't be happening with them.

In fact, some United fans I have spoken too think his place is at OT tomorrow being introduced to the crowd and having the old King pass the sceptre on to the new King.

And on message board communities I frequent, fans from Spurs, Chelse, Arsenal et al echo the views of the Kopites and Mancs.

Now, unlike your good self I will not make outlandish claims about that being the view of the "vast majority" of fans....but it is the overwhelming consensus among those I interact with and it confirms the gut feeling I had on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.