2023/24 Sean Dyche

The thing with Dyche though, is that he has never had a level of quality with the group of players that he's worked with. His strategy at Burnley made far more sense than whatever it is Kompany thinks he is going to be able to achieve.

Dyche makes the most out of the resources available to him - and who is to say that he won't try and play a more 'attractive' style when he gets players able to do so?
Spot on! Hallelujah!

The point is, can Dyche do this?
I do not know.

What I am reasonably sure of is that he will create a robust team that is well organised.

I also think that at times we have played surprisingly aesthetically pleasing football.

What is certain is that we will never play like Guerdiola, Arteta, Kompany, Angie, etc, football under Dyche. What I call the Guardiola paradigm, and which unfortunately many now believe is the only way to play football.

Last edited:
It’s odd, I’m sure people on here were saying a few months ago Kompany was going to show us what Burnley could really do with a progressive manager in charge.

Did they mean, get relegated?
It is kinda mad that even last night people went on about how “well” Burnley played and how poor we were. Genuinely gave me Vietnam flashbacks to Martinez’ time here where we’d get battered every week but play out from the back, I’d rather win the game 3-0 by playing boring than lose the game 3-0 by playing “attractive”.

Some people in this fanbase would’ve hounded out prime Mourinho if we could’ve got him, some even did with Ancelotti ffs. Obviously Dyche is no where near them but he’s an effective manager, which is something that can’t be said about most of our managers in the last 10 years.

We could do with someone who can carry the ball from midfield. McNeil and Harrison might be decent from a defensive point of view but they aren't the answer going forward imo, there is a lot of wasted balls from both.

Be trying to get this lid to be honest, prob wouldn’t come here like or we couldn’t afford the deal.

Immense talent and surprised a CL team hasn’t come on for him.

We could do with someone who can carry the ball from midfield. McNeil and Harrison might be decent from a defensive point of view but they aren't the answer going forward imo, there is a lot of wasted balls from both.
Well, we just got rid of two wingers who were the opposite (Gray and Iwobi). The team's playing much better with wingers who can put in a shift when called on.

Ben Godfrey, just not fancied at all, he's had 90 mins in the league cup and 1 min in the PL.

Has a year to run on his contract after this one.

….sadly, he looks a shadow of his former self. I can see why he’s not being considered. Hopefully he can recover some form as we are a bit thin on the ground for CBs, wouldn’t be surprised if one is on our shopping list.

….sadly, he looks a shadow of his former self. I can see why he’s not being considered. Hopefully he can recover some form as we are a bit thin on the ground for CBs, wouldn’t be surprised if one is on our shopping list.

Its a sad far cry from his England call up in his first year here, he looked really promising and his pace was killer, hes really lost his way.

Dyche’s footy largely looks better because of the players he has brought into the team. Pace and power which is what we have been crying out for ages for instead of the typical 2DM luxury player behind the striker lineup. That is the main difference.

Be trying to get this lid to be honest, prob wouldn’t come here like or we couldn’t afford the deal.

Immense talent and surprised a CL team hasn’t come on for him.

Don't City want him? I reckon he is a bit out of our league but yeah, that sort of type would be perfect.