2023/24 Sean Dyche

The thing with Dyche though, is that he has never had a level of quality with the group of players that he's worked with. His strategy at Burnley made far more sense than whatever it is Kompany thinks he is going to be able to achieve.

Dyche makes the most out of the resources available to him - and who is to say that he won't try and play a more 'attractive' style when he gets players able to do so?

Pretty sure kompany see's burnley as a stepping stone. But as of right now thats going out the window.

He is coming across as very stubborn, it's fine and well having a philosophy but even guys like Pep know when they need to change things.

Parallels to us and Lampard last season, too dogmatic.

When I saw Josh Brownhill on their bench last night, I immediately thought Kompany is inexperienced and dogmatic to his philosophey. He’s their Doucoure, not the most technically gifted but a warrior who wins battles and influences the team to unlock others and you need those.

I think a different manager makes a fist of that Burnley team.

Pat teleost to us and Lampard last season, too dogmatic.

When I saw Josh Brownhill on their bench last night, I immediately thought Kompany is inexperienced and dogmatic to his philosophey. He’s their Doucoure, not the most technically gifted but a warrior who wins battles and influences the team to unlock others and you need those.
I guess he was very successful with what he did last season and just doesn't want to change it for whatever reason.

This attractive football desire has me stumped.

Who else apart from City and Arsenal play effective, possession based football?

Did you not see the tripe Burnley played last night trying to play possession based football?

What is it that is so bad about the style of play we have?
I bet whoever criticises the style of play can't actually name what they want in a football team.

This attractive football desire has me stumped.

Who else apart from City and Arsenal play effective, possession based football?

Did you not see the tripe Burnley played last night trying to play possession based football?

What is it that is so bad about the style of play we have?
I bet whoever criticises the style of play can't actually name what they want in a football team.

Is possession based football attractive…..like any football it can be, but also can be horrific.

Both Burnley and Bourmouth tried it recently against us and was a pretty hard watch, we were the same under Lampard and laterally under Boberto!

I never really understand why people generally think possession based football is for some reason pure and virtuous! It’s can be rubbish in a lot of cases.

I’m not sure it even wholly exists as dogmatically as people suggest, someone like DeBryune is well attuned at playing long direct balls for example, an absolute thing of beauty.