2023/24 Sean Dyche

…I’ve never got the stereotypes and have largely been ok with the way his team plays. I do think having a fit and firing DCL makes such a difference to the way he sets his team up but they all seem to buy into him.

The big point for him last night was seeing a team not involving Doucoure and Gueye. He’ll be delighted with Garner and encouraged by Harrison.
To his credit he has made us a more modern team. We got rid of almost all the slow donkeys and luxury players and brought in players with athleticism that will work hard and cause problems in the press. I like the ideas he has. I just want to see them actually panning out. There have been signs lately.

I would assume that being Dyche 'fit' means we can play high intensity week in week out.

We see Liverpool and City doing the hard yards week in and week out for seasons on end
Arsenal and Newcastle are doing the same now and last season.
They have 20 odd players of outstanding quality, we have maybe 4 or 5 that are above PL average standard.

Taking us forward is this...

Staying in the division until the stadium is built and things are sorted where we're not financially crippled.

Until then.. everything else doesn't matter
Yeah there are a lot of things that need to align (in Dyche parlance) before we can look for a manager to take us to the next level. We need to stay up, get into the stadium and hopefully have owners that stabilise the finances and know what they are doing. If Dyche keeps us safely in the PL for the next couple of seasons then fair play to him.

Many of disliked my post but I still am not convinced he is the manager to take us forward. I have lived in Burnley now for over 30 years with my second wife. I have many friends who are Burnley fans and boy were they glad to see him moved on.

Plus what is all this rumour about the Dutch manager ?

PS: It is performance that wins games rather than tactics.
Many of disliked my post but I still am not convinced he is the manager to take us forward. I have lived in Burnley now for over 30 years with my second wife. I have many friends who are Burnley fans and boy were they glad to see him moved on.

I’d expect it’s pretty much like a David Moyes thread on here mate, just shows people can be wrong everywhere.

The longer someone is somewhere it seems the more resent some fans hold them in, some Arsenal fans fans still resent Wenger.

They sure do but you dont need to be good a footy player to be able to press, thats down to the manager and fitness.
I think we have to conserve energy and target games away from home in the PL we can likely get a result in. Ditch the cups.

A lot of people are getting carried away with two wins on the bounce. But we are still in a very dangerous place to be in. If someone offered me 38 points right now I'd take it. That's how vulnerable we remain for me.

I think we have to conserve energy and target games away from home we can likely get a result in.

A lot of people are getting carried away with two wins on the bounce. But we are still in a very dangerous place to be in. If someone offered me 38 points right now Ild take it. That's how vulnerable we remain for me.
To be fair a lot of people were getting carried from 1 win lol

Can't believe it but I agree with you and can see it going from "2 wins in a row" to "5 losses/draws/bad results in a row" very quickly.

I've said it before, successful teams do not need to be full of 'Worldy' players - it's a matter of pulling together a squad that has maybe 2 or 3 high class individuals who align with the rest and can pull together as a composite team. One where the sum of all parts gel and can produce a unified product. The last two games are - hopefully - an indication of better things to come and can bring confidence to what was a very disjointed team.

I don't think Dyche is a one trick pony as many suggest - he now has the weaponry in his armoury and is learning how to implement and expand a different style to that he had at Burnley.

Kind regards,

Sean

I find this POV ridiculous, so when the team plays well it's 'the performance' but when we do not it's 'the tactics' he's deployed? When we do get beat all i hear is 'tactically he got it wrong today' which he 100% does at times, like every manager!

Dyche got it tactically spot on yesterday though, could've easily played the same way we did during our last outing vs Villa, but he didn't, he changed the formation and it worked perfectly.

I'm not even a fan of Dyche but some people on here are scared to praise him because they've already decided he's not good enough. Let's just hope we can go on a good run ay?

I think we have to conserve energy and target games away from home in the PL we can likely get a result in. Ditch the cups.

A lot of people are getting carried away with two wins on the bounce. But we are still in a very dangerous place to be in. If someone offered me 38 points right now I'd take it. That's how vulnerable we remain for me.

Nah, the bottom 3 are absolutely terrible. We have shown signs of life multiple times this season. With a striker we could of beat both Fulham and Wolves too. We look like a half decent team now with a bit more depth. We beat Luton and Bournemouth and we fly up the table.

We're vulnerable in terms of injuries, if we can reduce them I think we'll be fine, quality in the bottom half really isn't that good.

We all want the same thing here, Everton to win games, sure most people have got a bit giddy over the results of the last 2 games, but we won, who wouldnt be giddy!

Look its not perfect and Dyche doesnt become a great manager on the back of 2 great results.

But he/we have 2 home games coming up against 2 teams who we really should be putting to the sword, we are bang in form, we have options with selection, there are no excuses available if we dont pick up 6 points for me.