2023/24 Sean Dyche

Many of disliked my post but I still am not convinced he is the manager to take us forward. I have lived in Burnley now for over 30 years with my second wife. I have many friends who are Burnley fans and boy were they glad to see him moved on.

Plus what is all this rumour about the Dutch manager ?

PS: It is performance that wins games rather than tactics.

Many of disliked my post but I still am not convinced he is the manager to take us forward. I have lived in Burnley now for over 30 years with my second wife. I have many friends who are Burnley fans and boy were they glad to see him moved on.

Taking us forward is this...

Staying in the division until the stadium is built and things are sorted where we're not financially crippled.

Until then.. everything else doesn't matter

We attacked well enough v Brentford.
True but Luton could be a different sort of game to Brentford or Villa , if they sit back and let us have the ball we'll have to be cleverer with breaking them down. I think the likes of Mykolenko and Patterson struggle a bit with ball control and passing (both execution and the required quick thinking). Not a lot we can do in general but I think Young is more suited to the linkup play needed with the wingers for the (nowadays quite rare) games like that when we're expected to be on the front foot

His tactics in the final quarter of the game almost cost us the win last night, that's for sure.
So no credit for the 70+mins where he got it absolutely spot on? Nothing changed tactically, he brought on fresh legs. Something he gets criticised a lot for not doing! He cannot be blamed for players coming on and playing [Poor language removed], the players need to take responsibility themselves.

True but Luton could be a different sort of game to Brentford or Villa , if they sit back and let us have the ball we'll have to be cleverer with breaking them down. I think the likes of Mykolenko and Patterson struggle a bit with ball control and passing (both execution and the required quick thinking). Not a lot we can do in general but I think Young is more suited to the linkup play needed with the wingers for the (nowadays quite rare) games like that when we're expected to be on the front foot
And we'll have to have lots of energy to do so too.

Let's hope we have it after throwing everything at Villa.

I would assume that being Dyche 'fit' means we can play high intensity week in week out.

We see Liverpool and City doing the hard yards week in and week out for seasons on end
Arsenal and Newcastle are doing the same now and last season.

So no credit for the 70+mins where he got it absolutely spot on? Nothing changed tactically, he brought on fresh legs. Something he gets criticised a lot for not doing! He cannot be blamed for players coming on and playing [Poor language removed], the players need to take responsibility themselves.
They didn't even play badly when they came on.

Villa got a fortunate goal and then tried to push on to get a result which we stopped them doing. A perfect professional performance.

I would assume that being Dyche 'fit' means we can play high intensity week in week out.

We see Liverpool and City doing the hard yards week in and week out for seasons on end
Arsenal and Newcastle are doing the same now and last season.
I imagine Dyche’s fitness training sessions make recent previous managers look like Bob Ross.

“Get down and give me fifty. Or twenty, or none, it’s you’re world, you decide what makes you feel best”.

Credit where credit is due - he's had more players to choose from and done well enough since the squad has taken shape.

Although we laugh about his fixation on 'noise' - it is there and he's managed to keep the players focused enough to take on a couple of important games.

Beat Luton and Bournemouth and he'll have done well.

….Dave, setting himself up for a mighty big ‘I TOLD YOU SO’ if Luton win at the weekend.

it’s an absolutely nothing of an argument, perhaps something to do with his pre-match prediction that we would get a hammering last night.

Performance alone will win you nothing at this level without your shape and tactics being right.
Nor will you win without the right attitude and performance.
At this elite level margins are terribly fine.

I think we are seeing that tactically management are getting it right a lot.
They seem to be to be quite innovative, even with a limited squad.

I don't know what ceiling Dyche has as a manager but I don't think he is close to reaching it at Everton yet.

The test of him will come if he can stabilise us in the league and be allowed to bring in better players.