2023/24 Sean Dyche

You are probably right. But the stuff in front of my eyes shows a pretty decent side, albeit not the strongest squad. Or deepest.
Its good form...but its a snapshot.

The fundamental fault line that runs through this club is fear - and it doesn't take too much to see it seize control of our players for huge swathes of a season.

Also, we had a much better squad in 2020-21 and finished just out of the relegation zone...and they were flying after the first 8 games or so.

So what you are saying is that Lampard and Dyche will have moulded him to be the player he will become?

Interesting.

Yes. But at the same time it may have been more effective and prudent to use him consistently as an anchor.

Dyche throwing in number 10 and wide attacking positions for a DM seems peculiar.

No idea what Branthwaites current contract is but id guess the new deal will be to implement a large buy out clause.

PL clubs don't really do release clauses.

His deal will have 1 year left come end of the season so really needs sorting ASAP.

Expires 2025 and i think we have a 1 year option.

Dyche saying hes on a long term deal...bit weird. 6 year deal for me, same as Patterson, Onana and Garner...get them all locked down long term.

We all want the same thing here, Everton to win games, sure most people have got a bit giddy over the results of the last 2 games, but we won, who wouldnt be giddy!

Look its not perfect and Dyche doesnt become a great manager on the back of 2 great results.

But he/we have 2 home games coming up against 2 teams who we really should be putting to the sword, we are bang in form, we have options with selection, there are no excuses available if we dont pick up 6 points for me.
There are even less than no excuses after dropping Fulham, Wolves and Sheffield. There are negative excuses. But I like the form we are currently in. Let it continue

Yes. But at the same time it may have been more effective and prudent to use him consistently as an anchor.

Dyche throwing in number 10 and wide attacking positions for a DM seems peculiar.

Dyche saying hes on a long term deal...bit weird. 6 year deal for me, same as Patterson, Onana and Garner...get them all locked down long term.
He never played him at number 10 or wide attacking.

He just played him as an 8.

Hes learning the game from 1 of the best to do it.

Anyone getting carried away over one league win is on the glue I’m afraid. Two proper “Everton that” home fixtures incoming. 6 points should be the target and anything short of that will be a poor return. Dyche needs to find some consistency and has the perfect opportunity to do that.

They sure do but you dont need to be good a footy player to be able to press, thats down to the manager and fitness.

I reckon there will be around 7 different players when city play at the weekend to who played at newcastle. That pressing game is difficult if you dont have a squad to rotate.

Let's hope so, we have a good spine to build on.
UTFTs!

You are probably right. But the stuff in front of my eyes shows a pretty decent side, albeit not the strongest squad. Or deepest.

If everyone is fit it looks a side that can stay out of reach of i'd say 5 clubs. Despite the last two games the next two are still massive as i think we've already thrown 6 or 7 points away. Got to beat luton and Bournemouth. It hasnt been the hardest of fixtures list so far so there are plenty of the tougher ones coming. Slipping up against luton and bournemouth isnt an option.