2023/24 Sean Dyche

Arsenal lost it blew 2-0 leads twice

You got to compare his full tenture and right now we are awful and getting worse
You can apply it to anything really it’s either a primary or secondary cause depending on your slant.

I didn’t expect much else in all honesty mate. I thought maybe we’d have 2-4 point more, but I think we’ve deserved more and been unlucky. I said at the begining this will be a slog and I think it will - this is what I expected just being above the relegation places to look and be like.

There will be lows and highs. I’m adamant changing the manger every time, just undermines the club and make us worse.

We look useless at our set pieces. We look useless at defending corners. The midfield 3 can’t pass the ball forward, and even at times today they couldn’t even pass it backwards or sideways without messing it up. The strikers isolated with next to nothing service. The managers subs again too late and the wrong ones. Gaps all over the pitch. Only bright side today is I thought the back 4 played well.

I agree that he should not be judged against arsenal. I also agree with those saying today was a free hit. It was the way we set up today and our gameplan which is worrying to me. We havent been as negative as today in all our other matches. We havent set up like today either. It looked to me like the players did what the manager wanted them to do. Thats my concern. We conceded so much to an arsenal side who still look to me a bit fragile. I wanted us to go out and show aggression and be strong in the tackle as well as looking to cause them problems. Turn their back four. Make their midfield face their own goal and have to fight for posession. We did none of that. I think dyche held our players back today. I think he went for 0-0. I saw no attacking gameplan at all and that wont do. I dont know how fit calvert lewin is but i wouldve tried 2 up front today and gone long. Press them back to their box. It was a free hit. Go for it. Get the crowd involved in the game. Show the crowd you are willing to try something different. On dyche that today for me.

They have the top record over the past two seasons for goals from corners. They had 11 today and he never once told a second man to go out to stop the short routine.

Told me everything I needed to know about his managerial acumen.
True , but the players themselves could have reacted to it if they could be arsed.

They have the top record over the past two seasons for goals from corners. They had 11 today and he never once told a second man to go out to stop the short routine.

Told me everything I needed to know about his managerial acumen.
This is an on field issue for me. In game management, are the players sticking to a rigid formula and afraid to take matters into their own hands? Reid would have been kickin ass to get a man out to them. It comes down to having a brain and some character in a shirt on the pitch. Take some responsibility.

This is an on field issue for me. In game management, are the players sticking to a rigid formula and afraid to take matters into their own hands? Reid would have been kickin ass to get a man out to them. It comes down to having a brain and some character in a shirt on the pitch. Take some responsibility.

Well I mean we don’t know. Wouldn’t shock me if they’re completely stuck behind what Dyche wants from them. We certainly follow his “go direct” shouts.

Classicly over-optimistic (Talk about blue tinted glasses) - isnt that the entire point of the game?
Classicly over simplistic , you can 3 or 4 goals and still not get a win ! The point I was making was we didn't deserve to get anything from Aston Villa , not blue tinted glasses , but we did from the other games , and today we lost to an excellent Arsenal by just 1 goal , fact