2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing to watch out for with trepidation is Dyche loves to sign over the hill English players. Think Peter Crouch, Aaron Lennon, Dale Stephens. With funds being tight, instead of looking for upcoming youngters like what his successor at Burnley has done, I expect a bunch of Crouch type signings to join the club. :red:

I haven’t seen a name that would have been likely to take the role that fits that criteria, do you have any to mind. I think Carlos Corberan from West Brom could have been inspiring but it would definitely have been a gamble.
For me, somebody like Marcelino would have been more inspiring than Dyche and would have more of a 'pull' when it comes to recruitment, while still being quite sensible.

Although let's be honest, everything is a gamble right now. Even being sensible could be a gamble.

One thing to watch out for with trepidation is Dyche loves to sign over the hill English players. Think Peter Crouch, Aaron Lennon, Dale Stephens. With funds being tight, instead of looking for upcoming youngters like what his successor at Burnley has done, I expect a bunch of Crouch type signings to join the club. :red:
DOF buys the players.

23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png
Italy
21 December 2019​
1 June 2021​

but, he didn't get the job as manager in spite of his efforts at the seasons end. Burnley clearly didn't think he could bring them back up after the new manager bounce was gone.

Well you didnt say that did you. He was just the caretaker manager. They obviously thought the likes of kompany was a bigger profile to go down.
I think he still won as many games in his short stint as caretaker than dyche did all season. He clearly gave the team more freedom to attack. Thats just a fact. You havent got to defend dyche at all costs because you think its your job now.

I didn’t make anything up you weapon I was just making a point about players wanting to play for certain managers more than others and that was my one worry with Dyche. Lampard had good pull with players with been a legend in the game like it or not. He’s a worse manager than Dyche but you can just bore on about players salary’s been the one and only reason.

I just said that PL wages are a major, major pull for players all over the world and manager reputation less so. Especially those in the market that Everton are shopping in - players who'd just like a chance in the PL and the money / opportunities it brings them.

I honestly don't think that Lampard has quite the pull, in comparative terms, as the dough. In fact I'd go so far as to say it's very likely the influence of Martinez & Lukaku swung it more than Lampard.

If that upsets you enough to go throwing personal insults around then I recommend a bit of time off the internet. Such aggression really isn't healthy.

This was the Burnley strategy pre-investment. Indicates that the previous ownership wanted a certain profile of player or were very restrictive from a budget perspective. After the US investment the incoming player profile changed slightly as the financial shackles were loosened.

Plus Burnley isn't a huge draw, and amazingly we are. Even given the current situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.