2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean Dyche, the man that effectively got Burnley relegated

The man who got them into the PL
The man that got them into Europe

The fact that the club was took over with leveraged debt and took a profitable club deep into debt and as a result cut recruitment is also a major contributing factor. They've been looser with the purse strings during half a season in the Championship than they were for the last 2 seasons under Dyche.

If he drops iwobi i will instantly have more respect for him.

Seeing as I can't watch the team play unless subscribing to some online outfit (and not in a financial position to do so right now), all I can go on is comments on here that seem to say Iwobi is one of the few players, like Onana, whose effort shows he actually gives a damn. We don't have that midfield maestro who can unlock defences, but he comes closest.

Fair point. I think my frustration is that I feel any number of younger tactical managers could have done the same job. Corberon, Tedesco, Gallardo. We didn't need to go down this route with Dyche.

If the board came out of the interviews going "this fella is sound. he's got lots of room to grow as a manager and build something" then ok but does anyone believe that?
Yeah i'm with you. I'm kind of defending the appointment on here because i don't think it's as bad as some are suggesting, but make no mistake he's not the man i'd have actually wanted by any means.

Seeing as I can't watch the team play unless subscribing to some online outfit (and not in a financial position to do so right now), all I can go on is comments on here that seem to say Iwobi is one of the few players, like Onana, whose effort shows he actually gives a damn. We don't have that midfield maestro who can unlock defences, but he comes closest.

I think he's a fraud mate. And one of the reasons Everton have eventually ended up sitting at the bottom of the table. Its taken 3 or 4 years of signings like him to end up there.
He's not alone of course.

He had 5 league games in charge w2 d2 l1.
Yes I know all this! Winning 2 out of 5 at Olympiakos is bad too. They are the superpower of Greek football.

I am not saying its tarnishes him forever or anything, just that he (like anyone) is not guarenteed to be good.

He is a good manager did Burnley sack him because they got deluded and expected expansive pretty football with a peanuts budget and while those around you spend more money the outcome was inevitable

Status
Not open for further replies.