2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the Burnley strategy pre-investment. Indicates that the previous ownership wanted a certain profile of player or were very restrictive from a budget perspective. After the US investment the incoming player profile changed slightly as the financial shackles were loosened.

Plus Burnley isn't a huge draw, and amazingly we are. Even given the current situation.
He signed Michael Keane and then absolutely rinsed some mug club for him.

Nick Pope, Trippier, Danny Ings and others he's turned a decent profit on. The over-the-hill English player isn't as great a percentage of his deals as some make out and were partly a result of not having money to spend but needing bodies in.

EDIT - Been pointed out I'm wrong about a couple of these. Trippier & Ings Eddie Howe signings.

Last edited:
This was the Burnley strategy pre-investment. Indicates that the previous ownership wanted a certain profile of player or were very restrictive from a budget perspective. After the US investment the incoming player profile changed slightly as the financial shackles were loosened.

Plus Burnley isn't a huge draw, and amazingly we are. Even given the current situation.
It's not the Garlick ownership that dictate what sort of players Dyche could buy. It's Dyche himself preferring old British or Irish players with little skill and be throwing themselves about with shithousery - a perfect example would be Ashley Barnes. I believe the recruitment changed somewhat after Pace became the new chairman and took some of the buying decisions away from Dyche. In our case, I can see sparks flying between Dyche and Thelwell

Last edited:

He signed Michael Keane and then absolutely rinsed some mug club for him.

Nick Pope, Trippier, Danny Ings and others he's turned a decent profit on. The over-the-hill English player isn't as great a percentage of his deals as some make out and were partly a result of not having money to spend but needing bodies in.
Ings and Trippier were bought by Howe who always has a good eye on bargains. The only type of players that Dyche can spot are defenders. Hence don't expect him to find a decent goal scorer but at least we have a DOF to do that

Really? Please show your working out.

That team just had nothing about it. Hadn’t played well all season, had a huge injury crisis, the slowest and worst back 4 in the league, a midfield that could barely run (Gueye aside), and three forwards with absolutely zero pace in Rooney Siggurdson Sandro. We just looked absolutely abject in every single game, even some of the ones we won.

I think we’ve got a better back 4 now and a better midfield (I’d take Onana Iwobi and Garner over Klaasen Schneiderlin Davies)

The forward lines are both pretty ineffective but I don’t think Gray and DCL are worse than what we had then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back