2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ones who hate Pickford no matter how well he plays

Will always be complaining that we should have hired ‘insert whichever manager has just won a few games here’ and yet will moan about every single manager we’re linked to even if it was managers that they’ve hyped up in the past (e.g Bielsa)

They will never ever accept Sean Dyche as a good manager for Everton football club

They somehow seem to think goals from set pieces don’t count as much when Everton score them

The only Everton player they’ve rated in the past 20 years is Leighton Baines

They’ll complain about every player we’re linked to and will big up players that other teams buy to make out they’re m the only player in world football we should have gone for (how is Leon Bailey doing btw?)

They’re forever fantasising about some other mid table team and how they doing everything correctly, i remember it was there with Swansea under Laudrup, then Wolves when they came up, Leicester under Rodgers, now it’s Brighton and Brentford. There’s always some other team or some other manager who are doing it the approved ‘right’ way whereas Everton can never do it the right way for these fans.

We could go out tomorrow, hire Thomas Frank, get in Toney up front, Ramsdale in goal, Leon Bailey out wide, Jack Grealish in midfield, and they still wouldn’t be happy and would just be pointing out how there’s actually some other team that is doing everything better than Everton and some player that we should have bought in the summer (of course only saying this after they’re definitely signing for someone else)
Ah so that's what a hipster is

Dyche is doing an amazing job. Everton feel totally different under him than with Lampard. We are tougher, have belief, amazingly we are starting to score goals. What really impressed me about Dyche was from the moment he arrived he has personified calm, it is as if he has always behind that there was no chance we would get relegated. With each game i am starting to get more confident

When I heard that he told the players something like “we train how we play” or something to that effect, I thought yea they need to pushed. I liked that.

However we have been here before with managers having the right words.

Just watched his post match, and maybe I’m still high from yesterday, I beginning to be open to the possibility of liking him for the job.

The ones who hate Pickford no matter how well he plays

Will always be complaining that we should have hired ‘insert whichever manager has just won a few games here’ and yet will moan about every single manager we’re linked to even if it was managers that they’ve hyped up in the past (e.g Bielsa)

They will never ever accept Sean Dyche as a good manager for Everton football club

They somehow seem to think goals from set pieces don’t count as much when Everton score them

The only Everton player they’ve rated in the past 20 years is Leighton Baines

They’ll complain about every player we’re linked to and will big up players that other teams buy to make out they’re m the only player in world football we should have gone for (how is Leon Bailey doing btw?)

They’re forever fantasising about some other mid table team and how they doing everything correctly, i remember it was there with Swansea under Laudrup, then Wolves when they came up, Leicester under Rodgers, now it’s Brighton and Brentford. There’s always some other team or some other manager who are doing it the approved ‘right’ way whereas Everton can never do it the right way for these fans.

We could go out tomorrow, hire Thomas Frank, get in Toney up front, Ramsdale in goal, Leon Bailey out wide, Jack Grealish in midfield, and they still wouldn’t be happy and would just be pointing out how there’s actually some other team that is doing everything better than Everton and some player that we should have bought in the summer (of course only saying this after they’re definitely signing for someone else)
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with looking at Brighton and thinking it might be worth taking notes

They have a very good set up there and look secure as a premier league club in a way that will obviously be very enviable to a team like us

They are a demonstrably better run club than we are

I’m happy with Dyche, but let’s not pretend he alone can make up for the horrible way this football club is run

I’d trade our owners and management structure for Brighton’s in a heartbeat

This sort of discourse isn’t especially helpful right now

We need to get behind the manager and players whilst we fight for survival

Save this sort of stuff for the summer if manage to stay up
I don't really believe that what is said on the GOT forum impacts the actual football so I'm fine talking about whatever, whenever.

Reactions: SJB
This line of thinking is literally why we are where we are.
You're issue, we'll one of them is that you never credit the opposition, it's always our fault, the opponents are on the pitch as well and you seem to think every player should be performing error free all the time.

Football perfection is rare due to the fact you have live opponents trying to thwart everything you do. Not too say we shouldn't strive for perfection but it's not easily attainable.

I absolutely don’t care about our style right now.

If we ever get back to a point where we’re looking to get back into Europe then it will get more relevant for me, because to have success at that end of the table you’ll need to be able to play progressively at least part of the time. It’s very rare for a team to have success just playing long ball stuff these days.

But if we’re ever able to spend money again then maybe Dyche is capable of that.

You're issue, we'll one of them is that you never credit the opposition, it's always our fault, the opponents are on the pitch as well and you seem to think every player should be performing error free all the time.

Football perfection is rare due to the fact you have live opponents trying to thwart everything you do. Not too say we shouldn't strive for perfection but it's not easily attainable.
This is certifiably not my problem but thanks for trying mate.

With all of what dyche is now implementing into this club/players mindsets and approach to games.

He started off with the most simplest tactic and one of the most effective he could of done.
Don't set your game play around a player that isn't playing....

Status
Not open for further replies.