2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never thought I would say this and maybe it's testament to how much this club has absolutely destroyed me mentally...

But honestly feeling today like I would have rather seen us go down and rebuild with Bielsa than survive by the skin of our teeth with Dyche.

It's daft and I probably won't feel the same in a weeks time, but seeing the news break today I felt sick to my stomach.

I've seen people comparing it to Allardyce, which you have to say worked to an extent. It's not the same. Allardyce was only ever a temporary solution. This is now Everton for the foreseeable future imo.

Serious question, what do you think Burnley fans have found more enjoyable? Kompany building a what looks like a proper modern football team this season and dominating the championship, or being the laughing stock of the premier league for years and years under this dinosaur. Under Dyche they were THAT team where u genuinely wonder if staying in the prem was even worth it for the fans.

They wouldn't have been able to get someone like Kompany to move them forward if it hadn't had been for Dyche though.

I think that this job is too big for young managers without enough experience.
I think the example of that is Marco Silva. The job was too big and too soon for him.

We may be a basket case, but we are a big basket case with high expectations which can weigh down on a young manager.
I don't accept this at all but, if I did, I would point out that the biggest club Sean Dyche has managed is Burnley and that he has no experience of the pressures associated with an historically big club either.

So what do we have the players for then?
Our players are sh!te, fullstop, regardless of style. Hoofing the ball up to Gray, Maupay, McNeil isn’t going to be much of a plan though, is it. DCL is good in the air, if he can stay fit, that’s about it.

It’s so short term. Dyche is going to bring in a load of hoof merchants, to sit deep, defend the box and then runners for channels upfront. Nobody wants to watch that long term and when he inevitably gets sacked we’ve signed limited players for his limited system.

Pointless and short term - scattergun nonsense from the board. Over and over again.

Never thought I would say this and maybe it's testament to how much this club has absolutely destroyed me mentally...

But honestly feeling today like I would have rather seen us go down and rebuild with Bielsa than survive by the skin of our teeth with Dyche.

It's daft and I probably won't feel the same in a weeks time, but seeing the news break today I felt sick to my stomach.

I've seen people comparing it to Allardyce, which you have to say worked to an extent. It's not the same. Allardyce was only ever a temporary solution. This is now Everton for the foreseeable future imo.

Serious question, what do you think Burnley fans have found more enjoyable? Kompany building a what looks like a proper modern football team this season and dominating the championship, or being the laughing stock of the premier league for years and years under this dinosaur. Under Dyche they were THAT team where u genuinely wonder if staying in the prem was even worth it for the fans.
Have a friend who is a Burnley fan - he goes to way more games than he ever used to and is enjoying it much more. The football is way better.

Well who are the exiting out of work managers who would have come to Everton mid season.
Bielsa certainly not. He said so.

Be honest mate. I know we had a manager but when de zerbi was available from donetsk do you think this board would have gone for him if we needed a manager at the time? They prob only know bielsa because of leeds utd.
I feel thats the point being made. I know it sounds ridiculous but im not even convinced they look or have any knowledge.

There is a big Difference though between 'Managers available'
and 'Mangers available to Everton'

Would you want a club in this state on your cv
Was laughing the other day when Cameron (The Mighty Blues) described us as "a social experiment".
The lunatics really did take over the asylum in our case.

They wouldn't have been able to get someone like Kompany to move them forward if it hadn't had been for Dyche though.
This is maybe true but we aren't Burnley. We're a massive club even if we are being run into the ground. Attracting a manager of Kompany's standing would never be an issue for us if that's what we decided we want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.