2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t seem to learn our lessons do we, another uninspiring, bland appointment. There are so many exciting managers out of work at the moment, but we do the usual prem experience nonsense and it’s the hobsons choice again. I wasn’t convinced on bielsa but think I preferred him.

Of course, I wish Dyche well and I hope and pray he can inspire these lazy players to do enough this season to keep us up, and he and the team will get my full support, but we all know what we will get with him and I’m not exactly looking forward to it.

Wish we had bulleted frank pre Wc and let bielsa get right into the players for 7 weeks and sort the entire club out.

In order for this post to counter mine, it implies you think most other guys in the squad feel differently? Or footballers in general today?

You may be right about Iwobi. But based on watching him play, I don't think he looks like he cares any less than anyone else in our squad. And he's better than most in our squad

WIll keep it to the iwobi thread mate as ive said my bit on him many times. I think he's a tippy tappy delivers very little type. Classic looks busy 5 a side player but not offering much in truth. More interested in if he did something in a game he can post on instagram. Even if we lost.
Nope. Not for me. Interesting to see what dyche makes of him.

We don’t seem to learn our lessons do we, another uninspiring, bland appointment. There are so many exciting managers out of work at the moment, but we do the usual prem experience nonsense and it’s the hobsons choice again. I wasn’t convinced on bielsa but think I preferred him.

Of course, I wish Dyche well and I hope and pray he can inspire these lazy players to do enough this season to keep us up, and he and the team will get my full support, but we all know what we will get with him and I’m not exactly looking forward to it.

Wish we had bulleted frank pre Wc and let bielsa get right into the players for 7 weeks and sort the entire club out.

100%. Fully behind him because you have to.
But its the most predictable Everton appointment ever. I said weeks and weeks ago if lampard was sacked they would end up going for one man and one man only. Sean dyche.

2.5 year contract and he'll be the person spending the only money we'll be able to spend for years.

This is an absolute disaster and I'm struggling to understand how everybody isn't seeing that.

Even if Bielsa's demands were impossible there are so many other options??
The fans have craved hoofball ever since Moyes left. It is the sad truth that as a fan base we have as large a hand in where we have ended up as the board.

Not overly thrilled with the appointment but watched a video of him being interviewed on a golf course last week and he explains that Burnley didn’t have the depth of scouting or good enough connections to profile foreign players. The club wanted very few mistakes and didn’t want to take risks so they went for players they could profile and background check essentially.

Who knows but it makes sense given their resources for the majority of his time there.
Excuses. Burnley signed multiple foreign players in the Championship with great success under Vincent Kompany with an even smaller budget. Almost 10 years in the PL and Dyche couldn't build up a foreign scouting network?

Given where we are, he's the only sensible appointment - TODAY. Bielsa doesn't think he can save us, which is why he wanted a head start on prepping for the championship

And sure, the summer is a time to go for someone other than a Dyche. However, we are a colossal dumpster fire right now, and have no money to spend. Who in the world is coming to us right now that has a prayer of keeping us up. We can't even get players to come here that literally have both feet in the door and the physical done.

If someone from our media team ask him "and as you know the club are building a new stadium, how would you feel to lead the team out for the first game" I'm going to drive the 200 miles just to give them a slap across the face.

One day they'll be right...just probably not yet.

That team just had nothing about it. Hadn’t played well all season, had a huge injury crisis, the slowest and worst back 4 in the league, a midfield that could barely run (Gueye aside), and three forwards with absolutely zero pace in Rooney Siggurdson Sandro. We just looked absolutely abject in every single game, even some of the ones we won.

I think we’ve got a better back 4 now and a better midfield (I’d take Onana Iwobi and Garner over Klaasen Schneiderlin Davies)

The forward lines are both pretty ineffective but I don’t think Gray and Dominic Calvert-Lewin are worse than what we had then.

Hahaha mate you’ve literally just described this exact team. And that team also had Calvert-Lewin who was far more effective than the one we currently have who offers absolutely zero. I think that’s one of your worst ever shouts tbh. That team finished 8th and this one gets absolutely bummed by AFC Bournemouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.