2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's too late for dyche. Lampard should have gone after Bournemouth and then dyche would have had a chance. Now he has a much smaller chance of success and lampard has already lost games that dyche would have fancied against wolves Southampton, West ham and Brighton.

Unfortunately the board let this one go too long and have put far too much pressure on dyche to now do it in less than half a season with mostly difficult fixtures and hardly any transfer window to rectify it. It was clear and obvious Lampard wasn't up to it against Bournemouth twice and that had to be the time. It angers me
It was well before Bournemouth everybody you could see that Lampard was clueless . Remember the Watford, Burnley games last season? Having a fiesta after being totally clueless all season? What an i...t!

When we were winning games in that Christina period under Ancelotti with the ‘wall’ at the back of Holgate Keane Mina Godfrey, fans would often say ‘he should get Digne back in the side and we’ll create more going forward’ but every time he tried to do that we ended up losing games because Digne did not stop crosses and we would concede whereas we very rarely scored from anything he created up the other end.

When we have decent strikers, wide players, and attacking midfielders, then we might want to look at whether full backs should contribute in the build up play, but at the moment it would be crazy for a manager to look at this group of players and decide to try and blast his way out of trouble. Absolutely crazy.
He played Godfrey there when someone else was injured. Digne moved up to left winger sometimes if Richie was out. And Godfrey used to bomb forward, because of his power.

But like I said, that team had creativity and could snatch a game out of nothing, this team can't. We've just seen that in the last 18 games, they don't have an ounce of creativity in them

That is unlikely to happen as his appointment at least in part is with the possibility of relegation in mind.

We are not exectly sitting comfortably in mid table.
If we look dreadful, playing dinosaur football and come 20th I'm not sure how he can be kept beyond the season

What's his record at 'big 6' clubs like? I fear he could be a bit moyes like in that respect

Let’s hope he is like Moyes because our immediate future in this league is not going to come down to whether we win away at the top 6 or not.

How many games have Liverpool lost at Anfield recently? Or City at the Etihad, Arsenal at the Emirates? United are unbeaten at Old Trafford this season.

It’s very very unlikely to happen straight away .We need to get ourselves back into mid table, get better players, and then we can look at whether we can win consistently at these grounds. Otherwise you’re just hoping for a fluke which won’t happen often.

I think it's too late for dyche. Lampard should have gone after Bournemouth and then dyche would have had a chance. Now he has a much smaller chance of success and lampard has already lost games that dyche would have fancied against wolves Southampton, West ham and Brighton.

Unfortunately the board let this one go too long and have put far too much pressure on dyche to now do it in less than half a season with mostly difficult fixtures and hardly any transfer window to rectify it. It was clear and obvious Lampard wasn't up to it against Bournemouth twice and that had to be the time. It angers me
Agree, we should have made this appointment during WC. Now Dyche has a very tricky start with 2 hard games. Some 'fans' will want him to lose.

He played Godfrey there when someone else was injured. Digne moved up to left winger sometimes if Richie was out. And Godfrey used to bomb forward, because of his power.

But like I said, that team had creativity and could snatch a game out of nothing, this team can't. We've just seen that in the last 18 games, they don't have an ounce of creativity in them

Agreed which is why we need attacking signings in the window.

It's not really short term with a 2.5 year contract
Oh I know mate. It's safer in the short term (although by no means a sure bet that we stay up), but in the medium to longer term (i.e. the following two years of that contract), it's vaguely depressing. But we are where we are - it's hard to not admit that he represents the reality of our situation. If he keeps us up then we can look forward to Brexit ball being how we close out our final season at Goodison and how we head to our new home at Bramley Moore. Brilliant.

Let’s hope the reason Bielsa was in London was to make a deal with Moshiri to takeover in summer regardless. Appoint this baldy and sack him in summer like we did Allardyce.

Status
Not open for further replies.