2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
619103B3-C6CD-49A0-B68F-0D01E433EDE9.jpeg

He’s just having a quick scan of the “Grand Old Team” forum now.

Spot on mate.

I know you know what I think about Patterson. He's got to grow up in the coming months for me. Makes way too many unthinking moves and cant get back into position. If he brought in a solid RB I'd be delighted.

But the ingredients are there to work with. I bet Dyche cant believe the relative riches he has to work with. As all pundits correctly state: we're not great, but we should be nowhere near the bottom of the table. Dyche can prove that. I'd like a target man in ASAP now.
Dyche not even officially confirmed and Dave already has him shutting Patterson away lol

And he also had Digne, James, Sigurdsson, Richarlison and Dom before he broke

Now we have a fullback that can't venture past the half way line, a winger that doesn't take people, another winger that doesn't have a brain, a creative player who just runs around and a striker who is clearly broke (either physically or mentally).

The defence will be an easy resolve, going the other way is the issue. You win games through scoring and creating chances, which I presume a lot of people wanted Bielsa for - play the odds, the more you create the greater your chance of scoring.

Either way, both were the wrong choice IMO, it just shows the ineptitude of the club and the clear lack of vision
Yep and Dyche has no history of improving an attack. Averages less than a goal a game across over 250 games in the Prem. People are forgetting that until Christmas we had a good defensive record, it was the attacking side we couldn't do.

We've now brought in a manager who has no history of improving this to improve this.

Cant be arsed, man.

And he also had Digne, James, Sigurdsson, Richarlison and Dom before he broke

Now we have a fullback that can't venture past the half way line, a winger that doesn't take people, another winger that doesn't have a brain, a creative player who just runs around and a striker who is clearly broke (either physically or mentally).

The defence will be an easy resolve, going the other way is the issue. You win games through scoring and creating chances, which I presume a lot of people wanted Bielsa for - play the odds, the more you create the greater your chance of scoring.

Either way, both were the wrong choice IMO, it just shows the ineptitude of the club and the clear lack of vision
Thanks for that mate, off to drink some bleach.

I’d take Holgate or Coady at right back if Patterson isn’t fit or is making too many errors. We just need to keep the door shut and Coleman makes too many errors.

Flying fullbacks only work at the very best teams in Europe, they’re a liability everywhere else and can’t be indulged in a relegation scrap.

Our survival will be based on defending set pieces, scoring set pieces, and limiting our mistakes in open play. Ancelotti knew that and no one was complaining about the solid defence and counter attacks that took us to second in the league under him.

The fans needs to realise that as a bottom half PL side we cannot, shoulostd not, and won’t be, playing football that resembles anything like Barcelona Arsenal or Man City. Lampard was stupid for trying to do it last season and fell into the trap this season as well. Let Leeds get relegated trying to play that way whilst we grind our way to safety.

A few seasons of building solid foundations and getting players of top half quality then we can talk about style once again but some on here really do need to stop going on about the style of football it’s absolutely killing us every time we try to make poor players play a style they’re not able to.
Top post.

There was a time where this was very much not the case and instead of pushing on we got a DVD.

Just saying like

Ever since Abramovich turned up and the CL went to 4 places and ramped up in prize money there’s been a dividing line between the super rich and everyone else. Whether it was the old top 4, or the top 6 since City joined and Spurs suddenly started spending huge money.

From 2004 only two teams outside the sky six have ever broken the top 4 in Everton and Leicester and only once each.

So every other team, regardless of manager, regardless of football style, regardless of investment, never mind not ‘pushing on’, has not been able to break in.

To get in, and stay in, you need a world class manager and world class players which are quite often beyond the reach of none too 6 teams to get and hold for long enough to achieve it. Every card is stacked against a team doing this. People can say it’s not, but ultimately if it was easy and the only reason we didn’t was because of Moyes, then loads of other clubs would have done it but they haven’t.

Leicester and Wolves are now closer to going down than getting top 4 despite years of investment and building. Villa are nowhere and have been relegated. Newcastle got relegated multiple times. West Ham have been battling relegation despite throwing money at it.

These are just the teams who have had a go as well. The sky six are playing a different game to everyone else.

2.5 years is a bad appointment. I doubt majority of the fans have patience for 2.5 years of Dyche hoofball
100%
And that’s not a slight against Dyche at this point, it’s at the embarrassingly obviously lack of planning and foresight from the board

Status
Not open for further replies.