2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep and Dyche has no history of improving an attack. Averages less than a goal a game across over 250 games in the Prem. People are forgetting that until Christmas we had a good defensive record, it was the attacking side we couldn't do.

We've now brought in a manager who has no history of improving this to improve this.

Cant be arsed, man.
In fairness to him I think he at least has a plan of how to score goals, which is more than Lampard did. I'm not saying it's a great plan, and i'm not saying it'll work, but I think it will at least be clearer during games where a breakthrough would be coming from and what it is we're actually trying to achieve. Under Lampard there was no evidence of us having actual plans, it all seemed to be very off the cuff, just relying on one of the forward players producing a moment of quality.

It is what it is. We've gone for the shorter term pragmatic approach The appointment who doesn't fit the wider "strategic plan" being implemented across the club and has led to hirings and firings across the last 12 months to implement it. We've gone for the Brexit ball option who the Park End arl sods will love. We've opted for the middle-of-the-road approach. Is it safer in the short term? Probably. Does this appointment give me any optimism that a longer term plan exists? Absolutely not.

It’s just a very disappointing appointment for me and removes any lingering hope of survival.
Obviously that’s a very subjective view based on my low regard for Dyche and his zombie football.
But I’m resigned to relegation now.
Just going for beer and laughs from now on.
Good luck to those who find hope in this second rate appointment.
You’ll need it.

2.5 years is madness. It must include a clause that only allow extension beyond 6months if relegation is avoided.
Who would accept 6 months? If thats evertons offer then you may aswell wheel in some of thisr kids that chased Gordon in his car to manage the team.....

It is what it is. We've gone for the shorter term pragmatic approach The appointment who doesn't fit the wider "strategic plan" being implemented across the club and has led to hirings and firings across the last 12 months to implement it. We've gone for the Brexit ball option who the Park End arl sods will love. We've opted for the middle-of-the-road approach. Is it safer in the short term? Probably. Does this appointment give me any optimism that a longer term plan exists? Absolutely not.
It's not really short term with a 2.5 year contract

I hated us playing Burnley under Dyche, for what it's worth. You knew his teams would always fight & snide their way through a game and whilst our record against them was generally alright very rarely did I come away from any game against them thinking 'that was pretty straightforward that'.

Status
Not open for further replies.