2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mere baby by Everton standards
funny-as.gif

Flying up the wing...

It's preseason, who ever looks great in preseason.. it's basic fitness training..

We will have a striker in before the start ( who that might be is a different matter )
another attacking player also
and if any sense another CB

Whether these are loans or freebies, something will happen..

And no I'm being silly and trying to send out a Positive post, but although we failed, we have at least made it to the table now.

If DCL is MIA again tho, then am done with him..

18 days to go 🙄

First question at the Fulham presser will be:

‘How important is it to get DCL fully fit?’

Same question that him, Lampard and Benitez had to answer every single week. Inexcusable at this point.
The failure of Lampard and Benitez is due to the injury prone of DCL. He has cost us too much. We give him much game time to develop and recover from injury. I dont know why we still trust him to be the starter. I dont mind him to sit on the bench to be the 2nd choice but he must not be our 1st in coming season.

It's preseason, who ever looks great in preseason.. it's basic fitness training..

We will have a striker in before the start ( who that might be is a different matter )
another attacking player also
and if any sense another CB

Whether these are loans or freebies, something will happen..

And no I'm being silly and trying to send out a Positive post, but although we failed, we have at least made it to the table now.

If DCL is MIA again tho, then am done with him..

18 days to go 🙄
I actually hoped we wouldnt score. That makes Seans determination of getting proper striker even greater.

Our payday managers were Koeman (didn't even want the job. Didn't bother coming over for the press announcement and constantly going on golfing holidays)

Allardyce, knew he was only getting the rest of the season to keep us up but demanded a multi year deal to Usmanov when on his massive boat.

Benitez, where do I start, knew he was a deadman walking and didn't give to craps about the club.

getting rid of Silva was a mistake, he was broken due to our mismanagement.

Ancelotti was committed but I don't blame him for having a clause to go to Madrid if they came calling.

Lampard genuinely cared but he still has a lot to learn as a manager.

Dyche is the perfect fit for us in our situation.
Koeman caused the real damage to be fair.

He came in mid-season though
I'd be surprised if that bonus applies 'in perpetuity'
It would be typical everton though to celebrate and reward it though
I agree, we were dead and buried before he came in. This year is different, if he had a bonus clause for European football this year. That would be more akin, but he has 38 games so there is no reason for any bonus for staying up.

The failure of Lampard and Benitez is due to the injury prone of DCL. He has cost us too much. We give him much game time to develop and recover from injury. I dont know why we still trust him to be the starter. I dont mind him to sit on the bench to be the 2nd choice but he must not be our 1st in coming season.
2nd choice to who?? I think you'll find that's the issue!

They are the reasons he is injury prone. Certainly Benitez, rushed him back before he was ready and he got injured again, surprise surprise.

Lampard did similar but the damage hd been done.

What I've liked from the 3 friendlies so far is that you can comfortably tell who the Premier League team is. When the majority of the first team is on anyway.

The passing has been good and you can see that the objective is to isolate players 1v1 with our forwards, Iwobi and Dobbin had loads of it last night.

But thats where we falter because they arent the type to breeze past the opposition, put Danjuma and hopefully Gnonto in them scenarios and its a different story.

A lot less lumping it up aimlessly, which may be due to the opposition being crap, but im encouraged.

Status
Not open for further replies.