2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will have 8/10 press conferences as a Everton manager, then he will be gone, not seen anything that resembles a team that he's trying to develop?

Forget about signings for a moment as the players we have should be streets ahead of the Swiss 2nd Division team the Wigan team and the Bolton team, his team just doesn't look like scoring which is exactly what went on at Burnley before he was sacked.

We are playing very low level teams here and not even look like scoring.

Like I say 8 games in the fans will realise he is dyer and we are as well

Looks nothing like Kieron or Danny... or his daughter.

Is this still going on from 2 months ago. I said hours after we were safe there’d be clamouring for a manager change.

There are many long and boring reasons why we have Dyche, are suited to Dyche, and can’t currently do better than him. But as brief as is possible (I.e. not that brief) our history is nothing like our current reality, our club is falling apart in the ownership, the board structure and the squad. We’ve squeaked safety two years in a row. We are awaiting the findings of a PL first investigation into P&S breaches. These facts make us massively unattractive to the point better managers than Dyche (of which there are many many many) who are on an upward career path will never come here. Lampard looked like he’d taken that risk - turns out he was crap and probably knew he was. We could only attract a truly better manager with a “project” or a “war chest”. We have neither. Our project is 17th place whilst minimising spending. We could attract a mercenary has been but still better than Dyche with a massive salary. Sadly we can’t afford that either.

Dyche is an inevitable part of our multi-year recovery. Could be worse, could be Pardew. He is the means not the end. Suck it up. BMD will not suddenly solve our financials with overnight huge incomes. Renting the scoreboard out for millions won’t even pay one decent players salary. The corporate boxes will provide a big increase, but even that is barely a dent in the cost of transforming a PL squad. We are stuck with managers who are decent and pragmatic but not sexy enough to find a healthier club until we can offer a better squad for them, a bigger transfer kitty for them, or a bigger salary for them. It’s right in front of our eyes that we offer none of those right now, with the added bonus of unclear ownership, sanctioned “sponsors”, board accusing fans of physical assault, knackered star striker, PL investigations, hatred in the media, despised by other clubs. Dwight and Pickford are probably the only positive things about the whole club at present. And that’s not enticing a South American non English speaking Bielsa disciple here to propel us to CL qualification with Iwobi’s heatmap covering the entire pitch but him posting another 4/10.

I fully agree there were games Dyche should have got more points than he did during the run in. The crowd could see decisions that needed to made and he didn’t make them. I was slightly disappointed with his ppg return as I thing some of our players are ok, there is just no cohesion. But he’s here, he’s staying, he’s clearly keeping out of the limelight and doing the bare minimum media duties if anyone’s noticed.

On topic: Just buy a sodding striker and bring on the new season. Let’s just get on with it.

Moved this to the Dyche thread.

I said in May we should have sacked him, I just dont think hes a very good manager and I think he under performed last season.

But regardless, hes here now and I see no point in clamouring for him to get sacked at this point.

I for 1 will just try my best to get behind the manager and the players we play the next 38+ games with the next season.

Moved this to the Dyche thread.

I said in May we should have sacked him, I just dont think hes a very good manager and I think he under performed last season.

But regardless, hes here now and I see no point in clamouring for him to get sacked at this point.

I for 1 will just try my best to get behind the manager and the players we play the next 38+ games with the next season.
WOW!

They are the reasons he is injury prone. Certainly Benitez, rushed him back before he was ready and he got injured again, surprise surprise.

Lampard did similar but the damage hd been done.

Dyche did the opposite and never rushed him back and he was crocked again after 4 games.

Really don’t see how anybody can claim that Dyche “under performed” with this god awful squad, with an attack line of Maupay and Simms to pick from for the majority of it as his striking options.

I mean I’m not saying I’m a big fan. But he had good results and bad results, which is kind of what you would expect him to get with what he had available.

Really don’t see how anybody can claim that Dyche “under performed” with this god awful squad, with an attack line of Maupay and Simms to pick from for the majority of it as his striking options.

I mean I’m not saying I’m a big fan. But he had good results and bad results, which is kind of what you would expect him to get with what he had available.

He did sell Richarlison and Gordon so didn't exactly make it easy for himself.

His presence here is symptomatic of our perilous and continuing decline , he said as much himself when he was appointed.
For me , I have never felt so disengaged in the club as I am now and while Dyche is far from the main reason, he is a contributory factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.