2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought speed left after falling out with Kendall? Wasn't there a story that speed went into the car park after training and found him pissed, asleep in his car as well?

Edit: yep. Here's a quote...

In Gary Speed Unspoken – The Family’s Untold Story , journalist and close friend John Richardson reveals his exit was down to manager Howard Kendall’s drink problem.

Don’t know how true it is but the story I heard was that on match day Hk didn’t turn up on time.
The red was needing the team sheet and as captain speed just picked the same players that had started the previous game.
Apparently HK didn’t like it and that’s how they fell out.

It must have been something big as speed was an Evertonian and at every other club he was at over an 18 year career , he was viewed as a model pro.

Don’t know how true it is but the story I heard was that on match day Hk didn’t turn up on time.
The red was needing the team sheet and as captain speed just picked the same players that had started the previous game.
Apparently HK didn’t like it and that’s how they fell out.

It must have been something big as speed was an Evertonian and at every other club he was at over an 18 year career , he was viewed as a model pro.
Apparently had a swig of HK water bottle by accident that was full of booze.

I thought speed left after falling out with Kendall? Wasn't there a story that speed went into the car park after training and found him pissed, asleep in his car as well?

Edit: yep. Here's a quote...

In Gary Speed Unspoken – The Family’s Untold Story , journalist and close friend John Richardson reveals his exit was down to manager Howard Kendall’s drink problem.

It's no secret Kendall was a serious alcoholic so that doesn't surprise me.

Greatest manager in our recent history but it did dishearten me when people told me they met him at events being incoherent and laughing about it when I was young.

Yes cos it's a high profile job and he wanted a premiership one after turning down championship ones.

Possible that the asset stripping may have not been part of the plan but I'm sure restraints and a sell to buy budget would've been as that's been in place since Benitez took the job.

Every manager we've had under Mosh has come for a payday as we pay handsomely. I don't think he's anywhere near his predecessors though.

Hes a right fit for our club right now.

Our payday managers were Koeman (didn't even want the job. Didn't bother coming over for the press announcement and constantly going on golfing holidays)

Allardyce, knew he was only getting the rest of the season to keep us up but demanded a multi year deal to Usmanov when on his massive boat.

Benitez, where do I start, knew he was a deadman walking and didn't give to craps about the club.

getting rid of Silva was a mistake, he was broken due to our mismanagement.

Ancelotti was committed but I don't blame him for having a clause to go to Madrid if they came calling.

Lampard genuinely cared but he still has a lot to learn as a manager.

Dyche is the perfect fit for us in our situation.

Our payday managers were Koeman (didn't even want the job. Didn't bother coming over for the press announcement and constantly going on golfing holidays)

Allardyce, knew he was only getting the rest of the season to keep us up but demanded a multi year deal to Usmanov when on his massive boat.

Benitez, where do I start, knew he was a deadman walking and didn't give to craps about the club.

Ancelotti was committed but I don't blame him for having a clause to go to Madrid if they came calling.

With Ancelotti do we know it was only Real Madrid?

Nah. He bottled it and gave up when it came to the crunch. Only stays at a club for 12 months anyway...case in point...

6th highest paid manager in the premier league to finish 17th and still get a huge bonus in the second year of a contract. If that's true, it's no wonder we're potless.
Not sure the managers wage correlates to your finish position. The fact you take that stance is ludicrous and suggest you know nothing about football.

How about we get him to manage a bunch of lemons (arguably our squad) but because he is the sixth best paid manager anything less than 6th is awful. Just using your logic!!!!!

Did he improve our player and team performance….yes. Did he get a better tune out of the players, than other managers yes. Could others do better who knows but can others do worse…yes. So maybe he is worth it!!!

Not sure the managers wage correlates to your finish position. The fact you take that stance is ludicrous and suggest you know nothing about football.

How about we get him to manage a bunch of lemons (arguably our squad) but because he is the sixth best paid manager anything less than 6th is awful. Just using your logic!!!!!

Did he improve our player and team performance….yes. Did he get a better tune out of the players, than other managers yes. Could others do better who knows but can others do worse…yes. So maybe he is worth it!!!
Why not make him the best paid then, according to your impeccable footballing knowledge? At what point of his tenure should he cease to earn a bonus for keeping us up? When every player at the club was signed by him should we continue to pay him a bonus? You're bang up for him getting a bonus two years in a row for finishing 17th, at what point would pay be linked to, for example, actually improving our position?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.