2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
My god yes!!

This is a bad one.

Not one standout player in there!

I did love Dunc and Madar to be fair but we were lacking everywhere werent we then!

Gary Speed was in that squad until February so straight away an international quality player that left and played very well up to his late 30s at Newcastle.

Defence probably the same as it is now with experience from likes of Watson and Short just about dragging the team to 17th. Michael Ball came in as 18 year old kid and did very well on the whole, RB options were abysmal though.

Upfront was main reason relegation nearly happened once Cadamatari's purple match evaporated.

This is true.

I hope he doesn't have another bonus for avoiding relegation this year in his contract, however. That should be the minimum requirement not some extra bonus-worthy achievement.
I don’t know, taking over a team who for 18 months prior are in a relegation scrap, looking likely to be going down. Then signing no one in January and a 38 year old Lb in summer, due to financial mismanagement.

I would say he would do well to avoid the drop.

I don’t know, taking over a team who for 18 months prior are in a relegation scrap, looking likely to be going down. Then signing no one in January and a 38 year old Lb in summer, due to financial mismanagement.

I agree with you but it seems someone has a real bee in his bonnet today.

I thought speed left after falling out with Kendall? Wasn't there a story that speed went into the car park after training and found him pissed, asleep in his car as well?

Edit: yep. Here's a quote...

In Gary Speed Unspoken – The Family’s Untold Story , journalist and close friend John Richardson reveals his exit was down to manager Howard Kendall’s drink problem.

Howard was also the reason Hinch ended up leaving as well, although it that case it was Howard bombing him out because he never liked/rated him

Some surmise that this is a big reason why Hinchcliffe is always so negative about Everton these days despite winning an FA Cup and also becoming an England regular whilst playing for us

I agree that he will be doing well to achieve that, especially the way the summer is shaping up, but that is literally his core job. Offering an additional bonus on top of a very generous salary to finish 17th again makes absolutely no sense. I accept that football exists in a parallel financial universe compared with normal jobs but Dyche is getting paid a lot more money than most of the other bottom half managers (widely reported to be £5m a year, nearly £100k a week - the 6th highest managerial salary in the Premier League), why should he get even more simply to finish above three of them?

I agree that he will be doing well to achieve that, especially the way the summer is shaping up, but that is literally his core job. Offering an additional bonus on top of a very generous salary to finish 17th again makes absolutely no sense. I accept that football exists in a parallel financial universe compared with normal jobs but Dyche is getting paid a lot more money than most of the other bottom half managers (widely reported to be £5m a year, nearly £100k a week - the 6th highest managerial salary in the Premier League), why should he get even more simply to finish above three of them?

Cos that's what his contract says. Not his fault the Everton board are idiots.

Well simply put, they aren’t giving him money and he has an awful squad. If he keeps us up with our current spend. He has earned every bit of the salary.

Well simply put, they aren’t giving him money and he has an awful squad. If he keeps us up with our current spend. He has earned every bit of the salary.
6th highest paid manager in the premier league to finish 17th and still get a huge bonus in the second year of a contract. If that's true, it's no wonder we're potless.

as some people are already aware, last season was a bit of a miracle season because none of the newly promoted sides got relegated from the prem.

that means next season 6 out of the 20 teams in the premier league will consist of teams who have been promoted from the championship in the last 2 years

those teams are:-

Luton
Sheffield United
Burnley
Bournemouth
Fulham
Nottingham Forest

if we beat these teams home and away next season that is 36 points which is ironically the exact number of points we got last season

obviously that won't happen, we have an awful record against promoted sides in recent years and we can barely string two passes away from home but the point is that it is feasible to guarantee safety by focusing solely on these fixtures

if we can get to next season in the prem with the new stadium on the horizon maybe things will change for us

i trust dyche will be able to get this lot to alot do something decent against the lesser sides and have enough to see us grind enough points to get over the line

Status
Not open for further replies.