2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its a squad that could absolutely get relegated to be honest and be worthy of it.
The squad is definitely largely relegation material, but good manager get the best out of players, that's what Dyche has to do like Howe did with the team he inherited (either that or the DOF has to get the garbage out the door some how).

Hopefully the promoted teams will be the whipping boys next season and so long as there are 3 worse teams than us again, the board will be happy with that.

Yes by being better than Lampard. The squad isn't a relegation squad as much as people want to believe it is.

It was though. Our strikers scored 4 goals collectively this season. Our centre backs scored more. That's why it came down to the final game of the season.

If we can get in a goal scorer that can hit around 10 goals, then I'd absolutely agree that there are shoots of promise in other areas of the pitch to build around to suggest we won't be relegation threatened. But if we have another season where our strikers achieve that sort of goals return we will be fighting relegation again.

I'd like to think we won't allow this to happen again. But 2 windows in a row we have failed to address the striking position effectively and i'm not confident in our board to have learnt from our mistakes.

People have been fed fake sugar for so long, they don't realise how sick its made them.

Hes going to sort this club out - no mistake.

This club needs a good dose of self awareness and realism.
Much of the fan base suffers from wanting instant gratification. If we ever want to get back to where we once were, it’s going to take time and hard work.

People have been fed fake sugar for so long, they don't realise how sick its made them.

Much of the fan base suffers from wanting instant gratification. If we ever want to get back to where we once were, it’s going to take time and hard work.

Awareness, realism, time and work - but also level headedness. Dyche is not the first manager here to talk about "never agains" and changes needed and being at the start of a journey and all the other buzzwords and soundbites fans love to lap up (especially from a manager they are behind), but we should know by now things rarely work as simple or straightforward as that at this football club.

Exactly. We survived by the skin of our teeth. If we don’t make a few key changes, we very well could be in it again next season.
I honestly don't know what some people see when they look at this squad. How much evidence do you need that they aren't very good? I like SD and I think he got more out of them than FL but that doesn't mean this group of players "should" be doing much better. The league doesn't lie.

I honestly don't know what some people see when they look at this squad. How much evidence do you need that they aren't very good? I like SD and I think he got more out of them than FL but that doesn't mean this group of players "should" be doing much better. The league doesn't lie.
Obviously it doesn't lie, but with a Dyche preseason giving higher fitness levels and the way he identified the problems in training that may have been a cause of some if not most of the injury problems even with a couple of upgrades no reason why this group couldn't finish mid table.

Why are people thinking this?

It was the same at Burnley - "he had limited funds and a crap squad", yet it was his team, with his players, assembled by him, playing the way he wants them to play. It will be absolutely the same here, except now he can potentially have more money for more Jay Rodriguez's and Wout Weghorsts.

I don't know whether you have noticed or not but we are f**king crap. For a while anything better is a huge improvement.

Yes by being better than Lampard. The squad isn't a relegation squad as much as people want to believe it is.

I think it is very easily one of the three worst in the league even when fully fit. When you take out Calvert Lewin and the fullbacks through injury it’s even worse.

At times I thought Dyche had these players playing as well as they individually could. Pickford Coleman Tarkowski Mykolenko Doucoure Onana probably playing at their best levels and still at times we’ve been easily getting dominated by even average PL teams.

Same happened under the back end of Ancelotti when his best players weren’t fit, same under Benitez, same under Lampard, same under Dyche.

It’s all the same problems, there’s no pace in defence so we can’t play a high line, there’s no technique in midfield to keep the ball so we can’t play a possession game, the two fullbacks can’t cross, and if Calvert Lewin isn’t fit there’s no height upfront for a direct game. How do you then create a team that can win when you have essentially no ingredients? Add in that a lot of the players are completely thick and prone to getting sent off, suicidal back passes, missing open goals, over hitting through balls etc. and it’s a recipe for disaster.

I blamed Martinez and Koeman at times because I could see a spine of Stones Barkley Lukaku with very good supporting players in the two fullbacks, Mirallas, McCarthy, Gueye etc. but I’ve had a lot of patience with recent managers because I genuinely believe most of these players just aren’t very good.

In the 13/14 squad think how many players would a sky six team have wanted?: Coleman, Stones, Baines, McCarthy, Barkley, Mirallas, Lukaku easily.

In this squad how many?: Pickford.

Our best attacking player from the start of the season is now sat on Newcastle’s bench behind Jacob Murphy and Almiron.

Our only holding mid is a 34 year old version of a player that a lot on here didn’t even think was good enough in his prime at 28.

I genuinely have no idea how you think this squad is better than being in the relegation discussion.

Think he called it fantasia or something in post match press conference on Sunday conjured up an image of Veruca Salt and Mike Teevee demanding Pochettino take over Everton immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.