Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
mad how Coleman's only on 50k considering how much some others get paid
Considering how much he would have been getting paid in Ireland or more importantly when we signed him for 60 grand i think he has done rather well so far out of it. Next contract signing will probably see him earning essentially 10 times the amount from when he started here, massive increase really.

If I didn't like this forum, I would happily risk a perma-ban to tell you exactly what was and wasn't deliberate. Anyone who goes in for a tackle like that knows the consequences, whether it be barkley, taylor or barton.

Neil Taylor is a scumbag, and no im not saying this out of anger, I have seen it before on two occasions of sunday league, let me tell you what the three lads had in common - they were all rats who deserve a smack in the face with a metal bar.

Ok interesting.

I am not defending Taylor. I agree that it was a terrible tackle and I would ask you to read my comment in context.

Do I think that Taylor went out to deliberately break a leg on this occasion. The only reason why I question it is because he would inevitably get sent off in an important World Cup qualifier which would personally affect him. It would be incredibly thick (as well incredibly dirty) for him to do so - now of course that might be correct.

I take it your not a fan of Barkley and by extension he is deserving of the same retribution having also committed a very bad tackle.

I just don't see a player thinking about the speed the other bloke is going when they commit to a tackle like that. They have usually lost their temper, or the ball, and the red mist descends. In some ways it is more excusable than a tackle like Keane's on Haaland, where he basically planned it.

I think that you have to take responsibility as a player.

I think that you have to take responsibility as a player.
I'm not defending those tackles. I haven't played competitive football in a long time, but I have lost my temper on a football field in the past and fouled someone who didn't deserve it. Like you say, if you are a professional, you owe it to your fellow professionals not to lose your temper, but we've seen it a few times this season with Ibrahimovic. He's one of the world's best players but I've seen him stamp on someone and use an elbow several times, including an incident very similar to one where John Fashanu broke Garry Mabbutt's cheekbone and fractured his eye socket many years ago.

The real problem (financially for Everton) is if, God forbid it's a career ending injury,we'd get 60k insurance for a player worth far more in today's market.

I presume insurance is insurance and when you insure your car you do it for the assets worth not what it cost you it just so happens that first time you insure a car they are usually the same amount. If you keep a car for 10 years then you would adjust your valuation when you said what the car was worth through depreciation. We've probably just increased it like if you bought a Ferrari 250 Dino for a quid, you'd very quickly insure it for the 10 million it's actually worth

I'm not defending those tackles. I haven't played competitive football in a long time, but I have lost my temper on a football field in the past and fouled someone who didn't deserve it. Like you say, if you are a professional, you owe it to your fellow professionals not to lose your temper, but we've seen it a few times this season with Ibrahimovic. He's one of the world's best players but I've seen him stamp on someone and use an elbow several times, including an incident very similar to one where John Fashanu broke Garry Mabbutt's cheekbone and fractured his eye socket many years ago.

I have not played for a long time but in the past lost my temper and deliberately fouled. I think that there are different degrees. I have taken a swipe at somebody by tripping them out of frustration and anger but I never went over the top.

There are players out there who have committed just as bad or worse tackles and the other player has been lucky. If you do that kind of thing you take the risk that you will become a pariah. I still find it difficult to understand what he was doing in the context of an important World Cup match.

If it was a league game I would simply write it off as a terrible tackle.

I am repeating myself now but if he went out to deliberately injure another player then he would know that there was likelihood that he would be sent off. He therefore either has to be extremely thick or the red mist descended and I didn't see any reason for Taylor to have lost his temper to that degree.

Good to hear FIFA will be covering his wages until he gets back training. I presume that the fai won't be calling him up for international duty. They seem to have a problem when we say our players are not fit to play.

I think thats quite Remarkable that FIFA will pay his wages. Thats good thing ofcourse...is it somekind of assurance or something. Has this happened before cause I havent heard about cases like this?

I think thats quite Remarkable that FIFA will pay his wages. Thats good thing ofcourse...is it somekind of assurance or something. Has this happened before cause I havent heard about cases like this?

Its been in place, in various guises, for a while.

Thankfully, its rare for them to have to pay them.

..I suspect the rule only applies to World Cup games, including qualifiers. It was in place for the last World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.