Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

3B86DB2F00000578-0-image-m-69_1482191851986.jpg

ross.jpg

There's a lot of simlarities in those 2 top pics and these pics of Barkleys tackle on Henderson.

It's just luck that O'Shea and Henderson walked away but Coleman didn't.

Were they all shithouse tackles from players trying to injure another player, or were they just over aggressive and mistimed? Only the player truly knows.

ross.jpg

There's a lot of simlarities in those 2 top pics and these pics of Barkleys tackle on Henderson.

Were they all shithouse tackles from players trying to injure another player, or were they just over aggressive and mistimed? Only the player truly knows.

Hindsight i know but if the ref had had the balls to send bale off then taylor doesnt make that tackle, also ross's tackle was intentional but not to try and break a leg.

For someone that relies so much on speed and agility, hope it's not an injury that makes him less effective in the future. First and foremost, hope he makes a full and speedy recovery (pardon the pun).

ross.jpg

Aye, 3 bad tackles.

It's notable though, that 2 of them were in the same game by the same team.

I don't care about character and all that crap. Whether it be Joey Barton, Scott Brown or Neil Taylor.
Truth is anyone who has played or watched football from sunday league to professional knows that a tackle like that is premeditated by either frustration, over keen to set the tone, or just plain thuggery.

Every player at every level knows the consequences. Taylor is no different. All I can say is that if it was a barton or brown they would be looking at severe punishment because of 'character'.

ross.jpg

I thought at the time that Ross should have been red carded. I even said to my lad what a shocking tackle it was and how he could have broken Henderson's leg.

So gutted about this, I haven't even been able to put into words how I feel. Of course, you never want to see this happen to a player (well, ok, most players), but seems doubly cruel that it's happened to Seamus, who always comes across as a totally decent person and player. really hope he recovers fully, but if there were anyone I'd imagine who'd put in the graft needed over the next 6-12 months, it's Coleman. Fingers crossed for the lad.

I don't care about character and all that crap. Whether it be Joey Barton, Scott Brown or Neil Taylor.
Truth is anyone who has played or watched football from sunday league to professional knows that a tackle like that is premeditated by either frustration, over keen to set the tone, or just plain thuggery.

Every player at every level knows the consequences. Taylor is no different. All I can say is that if it was a barton or brown they would be looking at severe punishment because of 'character'.
Good point mate. Imagine if Jamie Vardy had made the same tackle against someone like Gareth Bale, he would be crusified.

RK is a professional and will know that the Seamus injury could happen anywhere, anytime. I expect him to be pretty philosophical on that point. However he'll be seething on McCarthy. Ironically, the Coleman situation will probably tone down their conversation I would expect as their discussions will no doubt have a sombre feel to them.

I hope RK has some stern words with McCarthy in his return though. Think he's shown a distinct lack of loyalty and respect to his club this week, and not for the first time over the last 18 months or so.

I think Ronald does it well. I wouldn't talk to those scumbags either. There have been countless of occasions already... :rant:

Will FIFA compensate Everton for having to go out and get a replacement whilst Seamus recovers or god forbid a replacement if he fails to recover?

Status
Not open for further replies.