Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly should be but id lump large sums on it being the Dutch Naisy.
Possibly, but I think in general Koeman identified (quite rightly) that we needed more leaders on the pitch regardless of who is captain. He went and signed Williams (club and international captain), Snide (very vocal and not afraid to talk with the officials), Klaasen (club captain), spoke highly of Rooney (international and club captain) and wasn't afraid to drop Jags when form deemed he should. I think RK wants captains all over the pitch and when it comes to a captain for the club who represents what Everton is all about in every way you can do no better than Seamus.

Possibly, but I think in general Koeman identified (quite rightly) that we needed more leaders on the pitch regardless of who is captain. He went and signed Williams (club and international captain), Snide (very vocal and not afraid to talk with the officials), Klaasen (club captain), spoke highly of Rooney (international and club captain) and wasn't afraid to drop Jags when form deemed he should. I think RK wants captains all over the pitch and when it comes to a captain for the club who represents what Everton is all about in every way you can do no better than Seamus.

Couldn't agree more, we need leaders in all departments but we do need a voice that oversees them all.
I would go for Seamus, while I cannot possibly know, but can surmise, he appears to command respect from all and leads by example.
If ever a player deserved to come back as good as he was before injury it is Seamus Coleman.
It annoys me greatly that the person who put him out of the game for so long get a treated with such leniency.

Status
Not open for further replies.