Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the club get anything by way of compensation?

..not that I'm aware of. Somebody posted the ruling when I raised the subject some days ago but I think it only relates to salary. I dare say individuals and clubs could seek compensation (Anichebe got £1m settlement for the dreadful tackle on him some seasons ago against Newcastle).

Yeah, that's still in place. It's called the FIFA Club Protection Programme, see here
http://resources.fifa.com/mm/docume...01/64/76/90/technicalbulletinmitcirculare.pdf

I think thats quite Remarkable that FIFA will pay his wages. Thats good thing ofcourse...is it somekind of assurance or something. Has this happened before cause I havent heard about cases like this?

Does the club get anything by way of compensation?

..not that I'm aware of. Somebody posted the ruling when I raised the subject some days ago but I think it only relates to salary. I dare say individuals and clubs could seek compensation (Anichebe got £1m settlement for the dreadful tackle on him some seasons ago against Newcastle).

The link is in that top quote from the other day, gives a fairly good explanation as to what Fifa pay.

What annoys me is Taylor will get a 4 game at most ban. Absolute joke when Colemans out for 8-9 months. Should be 10-20 game ban for those sort of tackles.

Whilst I understand your annoyance, it doesnt work like that does it? Any high tempo, competitive sport carries a risk.

Some of the posts in here should take a peek at the way we laughed at the way West Ham carried on when Jimmy Mac put Payet out for a few months. It happens.

Whilst I understand your annoyance, it doesnt work like that does it? Any high tempo, competitive sport carries a risk.

Some of the posts in here should take a peek at the way we laughed at the way West Ham carried on when Jimmy Mac put Payet out for a few months. It happens.

If the tackle doesn't result in injury then fair enough 3-4 game ban is sufficient but surely the punishment should reflect the damage done?

2 people could drink drive, but should the prison sentence be the same if one knocks down and kills a person? As thats effectively what the current rule is in football which is a joke.

If the tackle doesn't result in injury then fair enough 3-4 game ban is sufficient but surely the punishment should reflect the damage done?

2 people could drink drive, but should the prison sentence be the same if one knocks down and kills a person? As thats effectively what the current rule is in football which is a joke.

Just dont think a punishment, for anything, should be demanded by the victims of the offence. The rules are there. 2, 4, 5 match ban, whatever, but to say that a player should be banned for a similar time as the player who was crocked is nonsense, in my opinion.

Was a bad tackle, obvs, got a red. Dems the rules.

He would have got a red if Seamus came out of it unhurt. The offence is punished, not the unfortunate out come.

Unpopular maybe, but its the way sport is.

Status
Not open for further replies.