2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a great servant but it's time to leave now, and not be pushed. Maybe he doesn't want to get in to coaching and if he does then learn the trade down the divisions and see what the future brings. IF he wants to continue playing then maybe move down to the championship or league one can still make a few quid there.

We have to move on from this he's a blue and he understands us mentality so lets keep him (ex players in general) around, time to plan going forward.

I love Coleman but if i was him i would retire, for me he has been let down by the club in their shambolic effort to find a replacement and next season he will find it even more difficult. I just think he's best going out now after helping us to maintain our place in the to flight and I'd hate to see him struggle again as captain. I'd not be surprised if Sunday is it for him.

He seemed a bit subdued to me in all the videos. Maybe just knackered but he’s the only one not celebrating the winner and a bit quiet when richy is throwing that ice around…it’s been a long few days and I’m probably looking too much into it though haha.

I think Seamus has been an incredible servant for us. I still think he can do a job in a back three tbh. Would like to see Patterson come in next year but whatever he does he’s been fantastic for us during his time here, like everyone else he has struggled at times this year.

He seemed a bit subdued to me in all the videos. Maybe just knackered but he’s the only one not celebrating the winner and a bit quiet when richy is throwing that ice around…it’s been a long few days and I’m probably looking too much into it though haha.

I think Seamus has been an incredible servant for us. I still think he can do a job in a back three tbh. Would like to see Patterson come in next year but whatever he does he’s been fantastic for us during his time here, like everyone else he has struggled at times this year.

Probably a mixture of relief and I think he doesn't drink alcohol as well mate so probably doesn't switch off like some of the squad would with a beer. Lot of pressure being captain and I think he's suffered more than most with individual errors and poor performances.

Plus I bet he was knackered after that 2nd half lol

Love him to bits amd it'll be a sad day for Everton once he does finally hang up the boots. I loved Baines too and it was obvious that he had a special connections with fans, especially the ones in Liverpool but as an Irish fan there's no better Evertonian to me than Seamus, even my profile picture on here was the first time I'd met him, I'll never forget that day for as long as I live. If he is to go he should go with every Everton fan's best wishes and the club should do anything it can to get him on the coaching staff, every single manager from young ones who were top players like Lampard or argueably the greatest manager to grace the sport in Ancelotti have rated his qualities on and off the pitch, that's good enough for me.

I'd love for him to be able to stay on for one more year and help integrate Patterson into the team, like Baines did to Digne, and then give him a proper send off in the last game at Goodison next year.

He's come up huge for us in the run in. Playing through injury, playing every minute of every game.

Yeah, he made a massive mistake yesterday. And then he goes and atones with a goal-saving tackle at 2-0 and by winning the free-kick that gets us the winner.

He's a club great. He deserved to win something here as much as Baines, maybe he still will. He asked the club to replace him as a starter over two years ago and they failed.

I love Coleman but if i was him i would retire, for me he has been let down by the club in their shambolic effort to find a replacement and next season he will find it even more difficult. I just think he's best going out now after helping us to maintain our place in the to flight and I'd hate to see him struggle again as captain. I'd not be surprised if Sunday is it for him.
We have a replacement in the door already.

Been a great servant but it's time to leave now, and not be pushed. Maybe he doesn't want to get in to coaching and if he does then learn the trade down the divisions and see what the future brings. IF he wants to continue playing then maybe move down to the championship or league one can still make a few quid there.

We have to move on from this he's a blue and he understands us mentality so lets keep him (ex players in general) around, time to plan going forward.
He has no need to leave and will be going nowhere.

He just can't be the starter next season, and he won't be with Patterson here.

Absolutely should be a squad player for another year. Clear as day how important he is to this club. Carlo and Frank absolutely love him.
Coleman stood by Benitez too, because that's who he is.

We can all criticise his level but never his desire, commitment, attitude and professionalism. Also, this idea he's a bad captain is lunacy. He arguably was just as important in winning that Chelsea game as Richarlison because he knew that he needed to get in Azpilicueta's head and he took his chance to do just that.

We all know he shouldn't be starting games and so does he, but he's clearly a massive, massive leader and a brilliant bloke. Nothing sentimental about it, we have a young RB in the door who is going to need time and patience, especially after an injury lay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.