2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton legend but he’s lost a step and makes too many mistakes, and in his position many of those mistakes lead to goals

If Patterson is ready to go as first choice, I’d keep Seamus as a backup/mentor for one more season. If Patterson is not ready, then he’s the backup and Seamus needs to step away. Big fan of the man, but anything more than spot minutes now would be a disservice to him and us.

Seamus Coleman has been a credit to himself, the club and the game in general for more than a decade now. It's not his fault that the club have not adequately replaced him over the past few seasons and he continues to give all he has each time he crossed the white line.

The problem is though, Seamus' best is just not good enough any longer in any consistent way. He will have games in which he rolls back the years, but, for the most part , he is done at this level. Don't be swayed by the past couple of seasons, they are on the club, not on Coleman, instead cut him some slack and remember him for the great clubman he has been. It's a big problem with our club, they let our heros stay too long and it tarnishes their reputation in the eyes of some fans.

Do I think Seamus is good enough to be a starting right back now? No not at all, do I think he was a great right back for many many years? I most certainly do. It's not on him it's on the club.

Coward mate. Soils his undies whenever the ball bounces near him.

Youve fell for his rallying cries haven't you heatmeiser you silly sausage?

Do you believe in santa clause aswell?
Frank Lampard “This man is one of the very best I have ever met, both as a man and as a player”

~16 mins
Going to go with Frank’s assessment rather than yours thanks, enjoy your day dissing our captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.