2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
High praise from every manager he worked for.

The only negativity I have found from talking to him, other players and indeed fans of other clubs has come from a small number of persistent posters on this forum.

Any mistake, and they are out in full regalia demanding his head. When he has a good game there is silence.

Yes the years are against him, but he has fought back from horrible injuries to become captain. The rest of the team and as you say all managers hold him in high esteem.

But what do they know compared with the expert posters on here

The only negativity I have found from talking to him, other players and indeed fans of other clubs has come from a small number of persistent posters on this forum.

Any mistake, and they are out in full regalia demanding his head. When he has a good game there is silence.

Yes the years are against him, but he has fought back from horrible injuries to become captain. The rest of the team and as you say all managers hold him in high esteem.

But what do they know compared with the expert posters on here
for me he seems like an incredible human being with exceptional character and always been a consummate professional it's just through club neglect and mismanagement he's been relied on too much when his physical attributes have faded due to injury and age. I acknowledge he's had some good games but he's also had nightmare matches where he made massive errors in several instances. I completely respect him as a human and a player but if he stays i'd rather him in a more reduced role as a squad player or a even a coach like Baines. The strain of playing every week is way too taxing for him

Last edited:

I met him once and spent about 10/15 minutes in his company, he was so humble and down to earth and happy to chat, but what came across more than anything was a real hunger to do well at Everton. He has been a great player for this club and the type we can only dream about - a one club man signed for as little as £60k!

Status
Not open for further replies.