2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
….he was poor last night but I imagined Lampard desperately wanted his influence on the pitch. Won key free kick that led to the winner & generally coped with Saha.

Coleman might not be a special footballer but he’s a special man. I sincerely hope & expect he’ll have a part to play next season along with the undoubted emergence of Patterson.

Last edited:
He’s still stood up to be counted . it’s on Evertons mismanagement that he has had to play. He should of been replaced 2 years ago
4 years ago. We should’ve had genuine competition for right back 4 years ago and Seamus clearly no more than a squad player 2 years ago. Great servant though, just needs to be properly replaced

So glad he got absolution after his error for the second. Had a patchy season with awful and good games. Got a lot of respect for him. Never hid.

But he is at the point he needs to be phased out. Whether the plan was for Patterson to be eased in this season or if he's for the future, who knows. I'd be looking for a starting right back for next season regardless.
We should have started phasing him out 4 years ago and then moved him on 2 years ago. For his and our benefit. Been great but is well past his best and don’t want to seek him tarnish his legacy any more

I wouldn’t be that surprised because he seems like an honest bloke who genuinely just wants to do his best. If he realises that his body can’t do it anymore I wouldn’t be shocked at him saying that’s enough. In many ways I hope he does, but whatever happens nobody should forget he’s been bloody good for us over the years.

Yeah he'll know better than anyone else if he has another year in him. Whatever happens, he's been a top 5 Everton player of the last 20 years and just an all round good fella. I've not enjoyed seeing him make mistakes this year, but the desire was still there, even at the end of the game yesterday to beat Zaha to the ball and win that free kick.

Being selfish, I hoped he would see out his contract and challenge Patterson next year for the position, because competition is what we need. But it's his call entirely. If it was his last Goodison game, then not the worst one.

I wouldn’t be that surprised because he seems like an honest bloke who genuinely just wants to do his best. If he realises that his body can’t do it anymore I wouldn’t be shocked at him saying that’s enough. In many ways I hope he does, but whatever happens nobody should forget he’s been bloody good for us over the years.

He's one who will be remembered fondly as time goes by, as a limited footballer who made the absolute most of his ability.

I know they want him to continue coaching the younger players, and I hope he stays, as he is a fantastic role model.

….he was poor last night but I imagined Lampard desperately wanted his influence on the pitch. Won key free kick that led to the winner & generally coped with Saha.

Coleman might not be a special footballer but he’s a special man. I sincerely hope & expect he’ll have a part to play next season along with the undoubted emergence of Patterson.
Indeed a great job, didn't notice Louis get a touch or a mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.