2020/21 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right in thinking the only times he's had a great game was with James ahead of him? Seems like whenever Iwobi is there the two give us lots of problems.

Seamus has had a more than decent career in an often struggling team. I imagine he will play sparingly from next season onwards but will be a useful enough attacking right sided substitute option. While his crossing has never been consistent I would love to see his stats for unconverted chances created. I imagine if he had been crossing to a lethal finisher like Kane for the last ten years he would have far more assists. Not statue outside ground material obviously but an excellent club servant and a thoroughly decent individual.

Still criminal how he just stood there and watched their winger cut inside to shoot on the weekedn. Basic defending and he failed massively
It's what players do when they are pushing on in their career. Baines did the exact same last 2 to 3 years of his career.They dont want to be caught out by a wide man cutting in past them and so stand off hoping that the center backs deal with the cross.

I think seamus has another year in him as back up squad member. Cannot be a preferred starter next season.

He shows why we need another right back with pace. Forcing teams to account for our right side will only give Digne more room to break teams down. Good game. Loved him telling that guy to F off

Status
Not open for further replies.