2020/21 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seamus Coleman's contract with Everton is 'forever', says Carlo Ancelotti​

'It doesn't mean one-year long or two years long. Seamus' contract with Everton is forever'

'It doesn't mean one-year long or two years long. Seamus' contract with Everton is forever'

Carlo Ancelotti says he is in no rush to hand Everton captain Seamus Coleman a new deal because the Republic of Ireland captain's contract with the club is "forever".

Coleman has spent over 12 years at Goodison Park since joining in a £60,000 transfer from Sligo Rovers and made his 345th Everton appearance in Friday's 1-0 Premier League win at Arsenal.

Everton director of football Marcel Brands told the club's USA Live event last week he hopes to persuade the 32-year-old full-back to stay beyond his current terms, which expire at the end of next season.

But manager Ancelotti told evertontv: "I don't think we have to talk about the contract.

"The contract that Seamus has with the club and this team is forever.

"It doesn't mean one-year long or two years long. Seamus' contract with Everton is forever."

Everton's win at Arsenal, their first at the Emirates Stadium, rekindled hopes of Champions League qualification on the blue half of Merseyside after a run of five games without a win.

Ancelotti's side are six points adrift of fourth-placed Chelsea with a game in hand.

"For two or three games, we have been playing better," Ancelotti said.

"We are more solid and have more options in the squad.

"Against Crystal Palace and Tottenham and Brighton we were not able to win, but I said to the players to keep fighting because we still had possibilities (to qualify for Europe) and we still have possibilities."

Carlo basically said "Coleman is always welcome at Everton, and we arent playing him for another 2 years". Both of which are absolutely correct. Coleman has been fantastic and will be a great person to always have around the club, and we are in need of a top RB this summer to improve the position.

....not sure what this does to @Zatara lists.

Unless he wants to leave, he’ll see out his current contract with us and possibly extend for 12 months depending on who else comes in. I expect he’ll be going through the process of getting his badges & I wouldn’t be surprised if he fancies a crack at management, even with Ireland.

I’m sure Coleman knows the club has been as good for him as he’s been for the club.

Last edited:

'It doesn't mean one-year long or two years long. Seamus' contract with Everton is forever''It doesn't mean one-year long or two years long. Seamus' contract with Everton is forever'

Carlo Ancelotti says he is in no rush to hand Everton captain Seamus Coleman a new deal because the Republic of Ireland captain's contract with the club is "forever".

Coleman has spent over 12 years at Goodison Park since joining in a £60,000 transfer from Sligo Rovers and made his 345th Everton appearance in Friday's 1-0 Premier League win at Arsenal.

Everton director of football Marcel Brands told the club's USA Live event last week he hopes to persuade the 32-year-old full-back to stay beyond his current terms, which expire at the end of next season.

But manager Ancelotti told evertontv: "I don't think we have to talk about the contract.

"It doesn't mean one-year long or two years long. Seamus' contract with Everton is forever."

Everton's win at Arsenal, their first at the Emirates Stadium, rekindled hopes of Champions League qualification on the blue half of Merseyside after a run of five games without a win.

Ancelotti's side are six points adrift of fourth-placed Chelsea with a game in hand.

"For two or three games, we have been playing better," Ancelotti said.

"We are more solid and have more options in the squad.

"Against Crystal Palace and Tottenham and Brighton we were not able to win, but I said to the players to keep fighting because we still had possibilities (to qualify for Europe) and we still have possibilities."

dc0e49d0dc32180d9aa6d305f092e4ce.gif

'It doesn't mean one-year long or two years long. Seamus' contract with Everton is forever''It doesn't mean one-year long or two years long. Seamus' contract with Everton is forever'

I love Coleman, for me he's the best right back we've ever had...and this is all well and good, but FFS Everton buy a top quality Right back in the summer....jeez, it should have been addressed last summer..

I love Coleman, for me he's the best right back we've ever had...and this is all well and good, but FFS Everton buy a top quality Right back in the summer....jeez, it should have been addressed last summer..
in fairness, Carlo aint saying thaty we dont want a new right back. he is saying that Colemans influence is that positive that he will be wanted in some capacity around the club on a permanent basis.

which is fine

I mean i have never played to a seriously high-level never mind captained my country but i always thought giving a guy 5 yard of space on the edge of your own box was a big No No. Mr 60k clearly knows better

Thought he played well tonight and right up until the goal was one of the better performers

We were carved wide open and he didn't want to be beaten for pace so stands off and in a blink of an eye its a goal.

The instinct is never to press , its always about stand back.

Status
Not open for further replies.