2020/21 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might be missing a few yards of pace with injuries and age, but he shows immense desire to do his best. The runs that he made in both directions, I don't get the negativity some of us have around him. He has served us well over the years, am sure he knows his sun is setting. He does not need hatred / discontent from us. If he plays, it's because the manager thinks he is good enough to play. Most of us do not have any insight into what the manager sees. Personally, I like to see a player give his best regardless of his skillsets. Coleman fits that bill perfectly.

Oh, and I am mighty pissed off at Neil Taylor :p

I think the criticism he's received the last couple of seasons is unfair. He's Everton through and through. He cost 60k. He suffered a potentially career ending tackle. He's been fantastic for us overall. He's a genuinly decent bloke.
I think it's been very fair. Yes, he is indeed Everton through and through. Yes, he cost only 60k. Yes, he suffered a terrible injury. Yes, he has been fantastic for us overall. And yes, he is a genuinely decent bloke. No question. It's just that he's not good enough any more through no fault of his own.

We all love Seamus. But to improve, we must move on. Sentiment has been killing this club for 30 years.

I think it's been very fair. Yes, he is indeed Everton through and through. Yes, he cost only 60k. Yes, he suffered a terrible injury. Yes, he has been fantastic for us overall. And yes, he is a genuinely decent bloke. No question. It's just that he's not good enough any more through no fault of his own.

We all love Seamus. But to improve, we must move on. Sentiment has been killing this club for 30 years.
I agree that he is at the end of his career so needs replacing. However it's not his fault that we haven't been able to replace him. Like I say mate I just think the criticism has been unfair. Personally I think he always gives 100%.

I agree that he is at the end of his career so needs replacing. However it's not his fault that we haven't been able to replace him. Like I say mate I just think the criticism has been unfair. Personally I think he always gives 100%.
The "criticism" I am referring to is any reference to his current ability. I have no time for any personal stuff that he gets and agree that that is entirely unfair. Seamus has been a star for us.

Just dont see it with him.

Committed player but thats it - cant cross/pass a ball these days, doesnt take his chances in front of goal anymore and gives a big opportunity every game to the opposition.

Desperately need an upgrade.

benrahma scores that header we won't be applauding him as much

couple of good moments, still needs to do more defensively and offensively imo
I thought that at first but he was deputed to come inside and pick up lingard - he did it for the benrahma header and a number of occasions in the second half - definitely a tactic

The "criticism" I am referring to is any reference to his current ability. I have no time for any personal stuff that he gets and agree that that is entirely unfair. Seamus has been a star for us.
Fair enough mate. Seems we are both singing from the same hyme sheet. What I wouldn't give to have 11 Colemans in our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.