SCRAP VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

PGMOL - "We got it wrong"

Also PGMOL - "Carry on as usual.."

A complete joke and fully warranting the assumptions of corruption. How can an organisation be run like this with no accountability??
The clubs need to boycott VAR until drastic changes are made and the referees are implemented properly, otherwise we're going to be going around in circles.

The Mendy one was never a foul. One of the worst calls I've ever seen. If a keeper dives at someone's feet then of course there can be contact, but this was as minimal as it gets.
Disagree. The contact came AFTER Mendy beat Bowen to the ball and knocked it away. Bowen could have leapt clear but chose to drag his trailing foot across Mendy.

Now, do I think he caused an injury? No. But it was deliberate, without doubt. To my mind Bowen was either trying to cause an injury or trying to provoke Mendy into retaliating. As I said in the post you quoted: if that's Pickford in that situation we'd all be screaming for play to stop and the attacker to be booked.

If you think that's no foul, play on, then would you accept US conceding a goal in that manner??

It was fine the way it was
958D7B0E-84B4-4488-9366-AC6E717BF21D.jpeg

10 seconds is more than enough, otherwise it isn't 'clear and obvious', revert to a 'ref/liners call'.
Everything is scrutinised to the nth degree. Assessed and reassessed. Measured and remeasured. Lines drawn and redrawn, different angles looked at and they still get it wrong, but yeah, it was clear and obvious.

*insert facepalm emoji

10 seconds is more than enough, otherwise it isn't 'clear and obvious', revert to a 'ref/liners call'.

They basically lied about its intended purpose to get it passed by the PL clubs.

VAR isnt the problem its how its used. The Coady goal being a perfect example if the VAR fella can't decide within 30 seconds it isnt clear and obvious therefore the goal should be given.

When are they going to start letting fans hear the discussions btw ?

Of course VAR is a nonsense. How can they disallow goals because an attacking players big toe was offside? That’s a complete nonsense. But they miss Saint Virgils lunge ( Asssault ) on our player. How can VAR allow that. We ( Everton ) need to call them out over that. When we next have a player sent off for a nothing tackle , Mr. Lampard needs to bring up why the VVD lunge was only a booking. There was me thinking that VVD could play the game. He must be slowing down when mistiming tackles as badly as that. But no worries, VAR will protect him.
Anyhow, we all know that VAR is not fit for purpose. Even those half witted pundits know. But they are in on it all. Don’t rock the boat , and all that nonsense.

Just a thought . How many matches would in the past have turned out different if VAR was around. Or would decisions still have gone against us. All hypothetical I know, but would Bryan Hamiltons goal have stood if we had a honest functioning VAR back then. Would we have beaten that Spanish team and qualified for the champions league groups. All just conjecture I know. But that’s my point. I was foolish enough to think that that was what VAR was going to be all about.
Var nowadays should be used for over turning those sort of injustices. The Frank Lampard disallowed goal against Germany is another. His goal could have changed the course of that match. Who knows? But no. The VAR that we have. Run by idiots . Is not used for those type f decisions. As I actually was stupid enough to think that that was what Var was going to be all about. But no. The powers that be have turned it into a joke. It is spoiling the game. Big time.
Guess our players are going to have to start scoring a few screamers from about 30 yards. No nonsense goals that no one can complain about. Although I bet var take a look look anyhow. Pickford had better not be scratching his arse , or var will rule our goal out. And we had better start winning a few matches by 3 or 4 goals. Just to stay ahead of VAR.
It’s all a nonsense folks. It’s ruining the game. A team will be relegated soon on a VAR decision. Or a team lose a cup on a VAR decision. And the idiots running it all will say that changes will be made. Isn’t that what they said last season? Rant over folks. Aaaarrrggg. Up the Toffees.

Disagree. The contact came AFTER Mendy beat Bowen to the ball and knocked it away. Bowen could have leapt clear but chose to drag his trailing foot across Mendy.

Now, do I think he caused an injury? No. But it was deliberate, without doubt. To my mind Bowen was either trying to cause an injury or trying to provoke Mendy into retaliating. As I said in the post you quoted: if that's Pickford in that situation we'd all be screaming for play to stop and the attacker to be booked.

If you think that's no foul, play on, then would you accept US conceding a goal in that manner??
Yes

It wasn't a foul in a million years. An absolutely diabolical decision

Status
Not open for further replies.