SCRAP VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like there are far too many people on the make for them to bother fixing VAR. What's stopping an official from getting a mate from sticking a bet on a game and the official then changing a referee's decision to suit? A VAR decision can single-handedly decide the result of any game, without fear that they'll be punished for any incorrect or decisions they make that are so obviously wrong.

Should be two separate VAR officials in separate locations, not in contact with each other, and decisions are only made/changed/upgraded etc if both VAR officials make the same decision.

Or just get rid of all of the corrupt British officials whose mates play in the Premier League and ship in an unbiased set from Africa or South America or something and pay them with rewards for the fewer controversial decisions that are made.
The VAR operator cannot rule on anything, the final decision is always taken by the on-field referee, they are 'guided' by VAR, that is why people are keen to have the conversation between the operator and referee be heard by everyone.

Perhaps it's actually corruption hiding behind the guise of incompetence.

I do thint the brand sides get the decisions. I think there's a clear bias toward the money clubs. I also think they've purposely moved away from strong refereeing characters like Webb, rennie, halsey etc and towards puppets. To keep the brand strong.

The PL is a business.

When the PL advertises to sell the rights in other regions they don't use brands with might not be there the season after, that's why it's called the big 6. You might think that this is bullshit but when moyes was incharge of man United and they were 14th or whatever, the chief exec of the PL came out and said it damages the brand when man utd are not at the top (or words to that effect)

I think you'll be on the next ticket when selling the rights come back round, but untill then your just another of the 14 so will have to put up with the shocking decisions untill then.

I know it sound a bit tin foil hat like.

PGMOL accepts VAR decisions at Chelsea & Newcastle were wrong​

Now to me, those games should be replayed after this astonishing admission. Imagine those had happened in the last game of the season with a relegation decided by one of those results. The FA would be sued to high heaven by the clubs adversely affected. The refs have had a shocker this weekend and some heads need to roll before the next round of games.

Now to me, those games should be replayed after this astonishing admission. Imagine those had happened in the last game of the season with a relegation decided by one of those results. The FA would be sued to high heaven by the clubs adversely affected. The refs have had a shocker this weekend and some heads need to roll before the next round of games.
Yep spot on. The whole system absolutely stinks and really can't see how they are going to improve it without it adversely impacting the bigger teams, which is what they want to avoid.

They wouldn't admit it then
VAR was a nightmare this weekend, not just in those 2 matches imo

1662321923767.png

This is mind-boggling. Both of those decisions were correct.

If the keeper in either of those situations was Pickford, we'd all be demanding the decisions that were reached by VAR during the match. That's the yardstick I always use when I analyse something like this.

Even more deranged is that THOSE decisions were reviewed ahead of others that were more contentious and clearly wrong - like VVD on Onana for instance.

This is mind-boggling. Both of those decisions were correct.

If the keeper in either of those situations was Pickford, we'd all be demanding the decisions that were reached by VAR during the match. That's the yardstick I always use when I analyse something like this.

Even more deranged is that THOSE decisions were reviewed ahead of others that were more contentious and clearly wrong - like VVD on Onana for instance.
The Mendy one was never a foul. One of the worst calls I've ever seen. If a keeper dives at someone's feet then of course there can be contact, but this was as minimal as it gets.

So Chelsea complain and all of the sudden they are like "Whoa, lets reexamine everything!". Not all the other really actually blatant stuff. At what point do the "Other 14" have enough and become an actual voting block to strike back at the massive 6 bias from the FA?

Status
Not open for further replies.